Bravado Banshee...I won!

Discussion in 'New Owner Questions' started by 2zcreek, Feb 18, 2014.

1. 2zcreek

2zcreek Viper Owner

I won the Bravado Banshee and since I didn't have to pay for it, I love it!

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/668050-West-Coast-Customs-Banshee-%28Viper-based%29?highlight=banshee

Right now we're having problems with the lift arms on the hood and trunk. They help but they still require some muscle to lift and hold them.
    Is there another option that would be stronger and possibly HOLD the hood and trunk open.

I'm guessing that the modifications by West Coast Customs added some weight to both.

Since we've never had a Viper before, we would appreciate any input or help along the way...

Like, how to get to the battery?

2. 2zcreek

2zcreek Viper Owner

banshee2.jpg Banshee1.jpg banshee2.jpg Banshee1.jpg

:omg: Wow...tough crowd... no help anyone?

3. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Viper Owner

Hello 2zcreek, congrats on the car, Sorry I can't help you with your questions I own a Gen 2.

On a gen 2 the battery is located in the LH rear wheel arch, Sorry to say I would not know where yours is located.

What did West Coast do to the inside of the car?

4. pdub

pdub Viper Owner

Battery is under the trunk floorboard, left side.

5. Dom426h

Dom426h Viper Owner

Nevermind the battery,

....what the **** is that?

6. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

7. denniskgb

denniskgb Viper Owner

congrats on the free car. i kind of like it….i am sure a ton of people would be asking you what is it or is it a new corvette, lol. anyway best of luck with it, it is one of a kind.

8. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

Oh wow, I loved that car in the game, favorite car by far! I cant believe you won that, simply amazing...

Did they change any of the innards? If not, then you should be able to find an answer for anything here, I see the battery question is answered, the hood is a little tricky, other than that, just keep it straight and the shiny side up!

Enjoy that really unique ride man, I think it's cool as hell, I hope you can bring it to VOI so we can all have a look...

Greg

9. mad0953

mad0953 Viper Owner

I like the front end.

10. 2zcreek

2zcreek Viper Owner

The trunk is full with stereo speakers and the like. we can't get to or see a panel.
    I attempted to post a picture but I've exceeded my allotment.

11. St.Char

St.Char Viper Owner

Congrats on the win! Know you will have fun with the car. Did WCC do any engine mods? Regarding pics, upload your pics to Photobucket and copy and paste the IMG tag and post away!

12. MoreBeer

MoreBeer Viper Owner

Congratulations, that is a really amazing conversion. I cannot say whether I like the actual body or not, but owning a Banshee in real life is awesome :) That was always the car I looked for in the gas station in GTA3. Before I owned a Viper that was my favorite car, and now that is the top car I drive in GTA. Owning one in real life would be hilarious.

Hm, and you're not too far away from IL. I will have to see this car in person some time!

13. slysnake

slysnake Viper Owner

I can't even tell what Generation that was originally, but...............
    Isn't that accessed by removing the tire? I can't remember. Gen 3 the battery access is from a panel in the trunk. Unless they modified that some how.

14. Bonkers

Bonkers VCA Member - Northeast

Congratulations on winning... I think...

Obviously we'll gladly help you with what we can, but modification
    on that level has surely altered the original car. I mean if a dealership
    can permanently screw up a Gen2 just by welding in a manufacturer
    approved recall incorrectly I cannot imagine what West Coast got into
    with that bag of cats.

Where are you located? There may be some local members around
    who can look it over and give you some better first hand advice...

15. MoreBeer

MoreBeer Viper Owner

It looks like it was a Gen3 Coupe when it started, B/W. Sad to alter it, but that is what WCC does. With the aftermarket stereo and electronics mods, I would not be surprised if there is more than one battery in it now, they may have added a marine cycle and an extra charging circuit.

You should be able to see if the battery is in its original location by looking directly inside the driver's side of the rear diffuser/bumper. you should at least see the battery. If it is there, then yeah, they built the entire stereo in the trunk on top of the battery access panel. :-(

Curious how you have to handle taxes after winning it, it looks like GameStop awarded the car and cash? Was the cash for the taxes?

16. fuelman

fuelman VCA Member - South

Congrats on the win. I agree with MoreBeer, look through the rear diffuser and see if you can see the battery on the drivers side, and or batteries. You may have to put it on a lift and track down the cables. Did they modify the engine also?

17. Big Miata

Big Miata Viper Owner

Why did they make a viper look like a Supra I wanted when I was 18. I mean no disrespect at all. I think it is cool for Toyota old vans and clapped out caddys

18. Leojmcca

Leojmcca Viper Owner

Wow, the car and $70K, very nice win.

Hopefully you didn't pay taxes on the car being worth the $180,000 they were claiming as the value!

Make it into a track car and enjoy it!

19. 2zcreek

2zcreek Viper Owner

No engine modifications were done. Only exterior and interior adjustments such as body fabrications, filling the trunk with speakers and changing out the dash to all West Coast Custom indicators.

Can't get to the battery without taking out the stereo speakers, so we've put exterior charging points and changed to a gel battery.

We plan on selling it before the end of this year, but still debating how to do it.
    Probably eBay...

20. 2zcreek

2zcreek Viper Owner

21. slysnake

slysnake Viper Owner

170k! Wow.. I would give you about 17k because it's gonna take a lot of money to fix that.

22. diamond head

diamond head Enthusiast

$170k is way too much for an 06 and the modifications don't help the value at all.