Bubbling paint near exhaust

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this board and I just picked up a 97 Blue/White GTS with 6,000 miles. The car is mint except for a little bubbling/peeling (about two inches) of the white stripe to the left of the exhaust. I thought it was from the heat of the exhaust but it looks more like a paint defect. I have a few questions:

1. Has this happened to anyone here?
2. If it has, would an extended warranty cover this?
3. Would you recomend repainting the whole stripe or just cut the peeling paint and blend the paint in due to the defect being under the car.
4. Does anyone know a good paint shop and Dealer in Maryland.

Sorry for all of the questions but I did a search and couldn't find to much.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patgilm:
...97 Blue/White GTS with 6,000 miles. The car is mint except for a little bubbling/peeling (about two inches) of the white stripe to the left of the exhaust....
1. Has this happened to anyone here?
2. If it has, would an extended warranty cover this?
3. Would you recomend repainting the whole stripe or just cut the peeling paint and blend the paint in due to the defect being under the car.
4. Does anyone know a good paint shop and Dealer in Maryland.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) yes
2) No
3) Blend fix would be my choice, on-the-cheap
4) Contact Jason Heffner or Ron Hickey or Andy Levitt in your VCA for referrals. See links above for contacts. Not a member yet? JOIN! 1-800-998-1110 WELCOME

OP
OP
P

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crofton, basically near Annapolis. If you've seen the news lately, I guess it's now the home of the Chinese Snakehead fish.