Build Sequence/Time on Custom Build

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My custom build with a VIN of DV400104 went to "FRAME" at 5:00 PM last Thursday (5/9). It went to Trim at 8:00 AM today (Monday-5/13). That was either one or two working days in "Frame" status. I just wanted to pass this on for those waiting for their cars to enter "Frame" status. This car had an original build date of 2/28/2013.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you think later VIN's are coming up sooner.

My guess is that it has to do with the specific colors and options ordered. Perhaps it has to do with dealership seniority, I've been wondering that myself. I did notice that that one of the first groups of customs was white, so maybe they do batches of the same color for efficiency. Anyone who added any of the carbon packages will be done later than the rest, because those parts aren't in stock.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is a white SRT. I'd guess that VINs were allocated to dealers and when you got your order in indicates when the vehicle should be built. So, if you got in early the monday we could order, you were up front in the build order. I was at night, so I am a bit out.

I'd guess.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered in December...I'm screwed....glad I purchased a Maserati to hold me over :rolaugh:

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know when the dealer entered my order, however, my deposit went in on 11/5. It seems that the dealer's status with SRT has some over-riding factors attached.

Mine is a white SRT. I'd guess that VINs were allocated to dealers and when you got your order in indicates when the vehicle should be built. So, if you got in early the monday we could order, you were up front in the build order. I was at night, so I am a bit out.

I'd guess.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know when the dealer entered my order, however, my deposit went in on 11/5. It seems that the dealer's status with SRT has some over-riding factors attached.

I put cash down back in Sept, but all first orders were placed on 11/12.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I am DV400437. So unless they run a few black SRT's out of sequence (which they do). Mine won't be here anytime soon.