Busted for no Front Plate

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I went for a nice Saturday afternoon cruise and was pulled over by the Police. Reason: NO FRONT PLATE :mad: I was fortunate to be given a 30-day warning by the cop (otherwise he could have given me a $109 fine on the spot). It is mandatory in the Province we live in that ALL cars have a front license plate mounted (which I personally do not agree with).

Well, Jon B and the Parts Rack have a GREAT front plate holder I highly reco to ANY Viper owner! Just got it today and finished installing it. Thanks, Jon B!!

Now it's off to the Cop station to have the warning ripped up. Can you believe that if I did not get it checked by the cops in 30 days from issue, the next time I would be pulled over for no front plate I would receive a fine of over $500 and have my car towed away (and pay for that, too). What a joke!!?? But - it's the law and why mess around...

Attachments

• License Plate Holder 002.jpg
    License Plate Holder 002.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 153

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I went for a nice Saturday afternoon cruise and was pulled over by the Police. Reason: NO FRONT PLATE :mad: I was fortunate to be given a 30-day warning by the cop (otherwise he could have given me a $109 fine on the spot). It is mandatory in the Province we live in that ALL cars have a front license plate mounted (which I personally do not agree with).

Well, Jon B and the Parts Rack have a GREAT front plate holder I highly reco to ANY Viper owner! Just got it today and finished installing it. Thanks, Jon B!!

Now it's off to the Cop station to have the warning ripped up. Can you believe that if I did not get it checked by the cops in 30 days from issue, the next time I would be pulled over for no front plate I would receive a fine of over $500 and have my car towed away (and pay for that, too). What a joke!!?? But - it's the law and why mess around...

They won't like it that you covered your plate with paper either... :lmao:

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a similar thing happened to me. A local OPP member issued me a summons to appear for no front plate. I had to go there 3 times. $80 fine. Great use of resources. He saved the world…

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont want to add salt to the wound, but here in Alberta, front plates are not required. Do you know why?

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, got the partsRack unit here too. They hassled me where I used to live, even follow me around town just waiting for me to go 1mph over the 20mph limit on Main Street. Glad I moved.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in MA its the same but I never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it...i am going to push my luck, i have the removable front plate mount and just keep it in the back, if I get pulled over I will just say "opps sorry I forgot to put it on after I detailed it"

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks terrible. id rather pay for the no plate tickets personally. have my car about 8 years now and not one front plate ticket. of course now that i say that.....

not to mention my fan does a decent job now, if the plate was on, i doubt it would get better :)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a ticket today for no tag in Maryland...only state troopers giving me problems. They can choke on a....

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same thing in Ontario cost me $129.00 for no front plate. I had trimmed off the "yours to discover" and he said that he could confiscate the plates because I had damaged government property.

The good thing is there is so little crime the police can go after front plate charges.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the partsrack unit and keep it on now. The last time I was pulled over I put it on before the cop could even grab his ticket book. He still wrote me up.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks terrible. id rather pay for the no plate tickets personally. have my car about 8 years now and not one front plate ticket. of course now that i say that.....

not to mention my fan does a decent job now, if the plate was on, i doubt it would get better :)

I've gotten 3 tickets in the span of about a month for no front plates. It's funny, when I got my first viper, I asked a few cops what they thought about no front plates on my car and every one of them said, "A guy that gives you a ticket for no front plate on that car is a ****" :rolaugh: I wish they would just do away with the front plate law.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in MA its the same but I never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it...i am going to push my luck, i have the removable front plate mount and just keep it in the back, if I get pulled over I will just say "opps sorry I forgot to put it on after I detailed it"

I carry mine in the back and haven't been pulled over yet, but when I do, that's going to be my story... stated very humbly and appologetically. In Texas, you can usually get the ticket dismissed if you prove that the plate in now on the car and you don't act like a ****.

Don't EVER tell the Law Enforcement Officer anything like ... It's a VIPER and it would look bad. You're just begging to get more than one ticket that way.:rolaugh:

sn95gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PG county??? I guess they need the money. I get them along with the my regular speeding tickets. Never got one one in my 01 but got them all the time in my mustang. Even got one in Virgina with Maryland tags.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, PG county...sitting on the side of the road looking for one person cars in the HOV lane...decides to come out across 3 lanes of traffic to get me. Good eyes through the rearview mirror...I'll give him that!

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got pulled over within the first 1k miles and got a warning. The cop busted a u-turn(illegal) and sped(illegal) through traffic on the interstate weaving in and out of traffic(illegal) to catch me. Of course, I saw him coming and pushed it a little to make him work for it....lol

Last edited:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 3 different times, I had been asked about my front plate while waiting for plate holder to arrive. No tickets, no warnings. After each little talk, questions were then asked about the car :2tu:

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got pulled over for this about 3 weeks back. Rigged the plate on, went to the cop shop, got the ticket ripped up, and took off the plate haha. Been trying to drive under the radar since but it's not that easy with a car like this :D Seems like the state patrol pull over more people for this violation in comparison to other police units.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've collected four in my seven years of Viper ownership.
Cost of doing business, I'll never put one on.
They look terrrible.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still haven't even unpacked my front plate mount. I keep it with the plate in the trunk though. If ever asked I'm just gonna play stupid and say I thought it was an extra back plate or something since there isn't any normal spot to put a plate on a Viper's front bumper.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom line is that the states are broke and are looking any excuse to generate money. Here in Laurel they have speed camera's set up all over. I got a ticket the other day for....are ya ready.....42mph in a 30mph. Wow, what a menace to society I am, 42mph!!!!! Just another money making tool to generate money for the freeloaders in this country. Like when they found out that they were shortening the interval between the yellow and red light where they had Red Light Cameras installed, just so more people would "get caught" going through a red light.

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is the situation if you come from a state that doesn't require front plates, like Florida?
am I setting myself up for a cop to pull me over?

I have made numerous long trips up to the northeast, passing through just about every eastern state with no issues, guess I was just lucky...

what the hell good is a front plate anyway? just another source of revenue....

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't require a front plate, other states can't give you a ticket for it. I have a car registered in New Mexico with no cats or front plate driving in California. Cops just look at it and sigh.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
And people say we're compensating. Wonder what they say about the cops that write front plate tickets. They must be hung like a tic tac!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the holder from Jon as well. Although I have been stopped and ticketed because I keep it in the back. I work with the DA and the sheriff here in my county and I just go to either one of them and they dismiss it.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been busted for it too. I got the Jon B mount and keep it and the tag in the trunk ready to go. I have seen a few people laying the tag on top of the dash, not sure if that is legal or not, but my concern would be it would turn in to a knife to slit your throat if you had a bad wreck.

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last summer in Vancouver.I told the officer I was not going to drill the nose of my car.He kind of smiled and gave me a 110.00 ticket.Two weeks later in Richmond got pulled over again,was threatened with the 500.00 ticket and a tow as well,but fortunately the officer was nicer then in Van.He said they were kinder and gentler in Richmond and did not give me a ticket,just told me to get a plate attached ASAP...Called Parts Rack got a clip on plate,what an amazing device....About 1 month after the second pullover,Got stopped again in Richmond in a checkstop,cop walked to front of car looked at my plate,smiled and said I am so happy to see a front plate,you can go...