Buttonwillow wipe out!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a brief video that a friend of mine (driving Porsche Cup car) put together of some track time we had a few weeks ago. It was an exhibition race amongst friends so we try to avoid contact. The main characters are my Viper, Porsche GT3 Cup Car and a Roush Trans Am Series Mustang. Not my best performance as I make a few mistakes here and there but it was a good time. The end of the race is were one of my mistakes costs me! Enjoy.

YouTube - Dodge Viper versus Porsche GT3

-JOnathan

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video, you really see the difference in torque when you come out of the corners.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when you were pulling away...

I find it funny how much LOUDER the Viper was. The porsche was almost too smooth of a ride. I like my ride loud and rough, but you gotta respect the precision that goes in a porsche. :thumbs:

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just when you were pulling away...

I find it funny how much LOUDER the Viper was. The porsche was almost too smooth of a ride. I like my ride loud and rough, but you gotta respect the precision that goes in a porsche. :thumbs:

The owner of the Porsche and myself switched cars later in the day for a session. I love my Viper, it's loud, tons of torque, and a handful to drive fast, but.....the Cup Car was awesome! It was much easier to drive fast and the car felt very light and nimble in the corners, but in the end I was glad to jump back into my car. The Porsche driver was simply in awe of the raw acceleration and torque hat the Viper had and was also impressed at how the Viper handled through the twisties. :)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looked like a ton of fun and it appears that the only thing hurt in the end might have been a little pride after pulling out such a nice lead through traffic and the car probably needed a good wash....right?

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the car was heavier after the race than before! Nothing like bring home part of the track home with you. The car was filled with dirt as well as my driving suit. Nothng a little pressure washer couldn't handle though.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Buttonwillow Bullit! Miata Chicane!

Was that Luc's Mustang?

What upset your car? Was it the inside curb at the apex, or some uneven pavement at corner exit?

thanks for the awesome video!

Last edited:

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one of the best track videos I have seen. The view from the porche showed so many things you couldn't see from inside the car. It was like having a chase car. Very cool

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buttonwillow Bullit! Miata Chicane!

Was that Luc's Mustang?

What upset your car? Was it the inside curb at the apex, or some uneven pavement at corner exit?

thanks for the awesome video!

Yes, that was Luc's 750 Hp Trans Am Series Mustang. It is a serious race car. I was all over him the first 3 laps, but started losing ground once we got into traffic. What upset my car is that I cut the right curb too much which sent me bouncing over the other curb on the left hand side. Now usually (and the video shows) I do hit the left curb but just enough to settle the car. My car actually caught some air as I bounced over the left curb. As soon as my left rear tire caught up with the rest of the car it shot me straight across the track! I don't know if a Quaiffe differential would have helped in that case, but it was a mental mistake that sent me off track. I will not make that mistake twice! Thanks for the positive comments. I will post more videos if people would like to see them. Having the Porsche chasing me really shows just how well the Viper does on a road course. :drive:

OP
OP
R

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Arnaud was waving as he passes by. He said he wished he had a horn as he would've honked! It's all good as I would have done the same thing. That's one of the perks of racing with all your buddies :)

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome video!

I will be at Pocono on the 22nd for a track day and that was great inspiration :eater: .
I have never tracked my car in an actual race where they allow passing on the turns. Looks like it adds a a much greater level of intensity. Still takes all my concentration to keep the car on the track without worrying about someone diving inside me on a turn :crazy2: .

Thanks for posting the video and please post more :2tu: .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth