buying from eric lee

cuong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was thinking about buying a car from eric lee aka mr. viper has anyone dealt with him or latham dodge? and can someone run a carfax please 1b3br65e4sv200604 thanks.

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paid Eric a visit on my little road trip(1.831 miles) He took me in the BARN had a couple of nice silver mambas,new black 03,gts,ram trucks. After bsing with him he truly is a viper lover & really cares about the snake. He showed me a great route to go on my way home through Nevada where I really had some FUN,just me & the pavement eater.I purchased a 99 ACR form Eric,one of the early ACRS.No problems. :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with Eric! I called him by chance when I was looking to buy a Viper back in 1999, and nobody was taking me seriously in my area. At the time I didn't now about Chuck Tator nor about a Viper Club even existing. I simply went online, found Latham, called Eric and he walked me through the whole thing. I knew I didn't want black nor red and I wanted a convertible. I never sat in a Viper, never knew what a cognac looked like excpet in a bottle, and didn't even have any idea what options came with the car. All I knew was that I wanted the most powerful production car made in America. He said, "Andrew, I have the perfect car on the lot for you". A few weeks later I got a call that the car was being shipped to me via enclosed trailer. I scrambled, built an enclosed area in my garage for the car, and on January 27th, 2000, my birthday, a 300 pound guy with a long white beard showed up with a 2500 dodge ram truck pulling an enclosed trailer with my Viper in the back. There was ice and snow on the ground. He pulled up to the garage door, I backed the car into Bay 2, and it sat there till the weather was okay to pull it out.

It was a great day.

So, I say go with Eric if you are in his area, otherwise call Chuck Tator in the North East.

Andrew

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I have to be the dissenting voice. I contacted Mr Lee in 1998 while looking for a clean sidepipe car. We spoke once and he promised to see what was around and get back to me. This never happened. In fact, I called him a few times, never to have my messages returned.

I wound up calling a dealership in Nebraska, and spoke to Bill P. I got a sweet 300 mile '94 RT.

OP
OP
C

cuong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys. hopefully i will be riding in one will soon.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i called him when i was looking for my first viper, he did return my call but i
dont think he took me as a buyer. he had the car i wanted and i would have purchased
it from him if i had been taken serious. i'm sure dealers get the run around alot
so i took no offense from it, just bought from someone else. i would suggest some
dealers to talk to but i can only list site sponcers which would limit the amount
of info i could give. i will play by the rules and leave it at that. good luck in
your search for a viper, just do your homework. :2tu: i have purchased 4 vipers
i speak from experience.

tom

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my input:

A few years ago, I sent Eric off an email, telling him that I was going to be driving thru the Twin Falls area on a Saturday morning heading towards Arizona, and if he had any spare time, if he wouldn't mind showing me a few cars, and even specified that I was not in the market to buy yet (broke-ass 18 year old at the time). He promptly returned my email, gave me his cell phone number, and told me to call him. So, I gave him a call, and set up a time that we would meet at the dealership. So, on that Saturday at 8 in the morning, I got into Twin Falls, gave Eric a call, and met up with him at the dealership. He showed me his stock of Vipers (in the barn...lol) and sat there and BS'ed with me for an hour and a half. There were at least 15 Vipers in there, as well as some other cars. I found out later that it was Eric's DAY OFF. Wow...8 in the morning on his day off, and this dude is standing in here talking Vipers with this kid that can't even buy a Viper yet. Now that's a die-hard enthusiast!!!! :2tu: :2tu:

I also know of a couple of people in the Boise area that purchased their Vipers from Eric, and none of them have anything bad to say about their experiences with him.

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my '05 Viper SRT10 and my '05 Ram SRT10 from Eric. Did I get the absolute best deal, probably not. Did I get a good deal, YES, did he do what he said he would do, YES, will I buy another vehicle (probably a Charger SRT8) from Eric, YES! Eric is a nice guy to do business with. Bill

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my 96 gts sight unseen from Eric Lee. It was a car V Gaines had ordered and decided not to take. As I am a detail maniac I wanted a perfect car and the one I had ordered here in california had numerous margin descrepancies esp. around the doors. I refused my ordered car and had Eric go over his GTS with a fine tooth comb and he me back and claimed it was perfect, all the margins were in spec.
I bought the car sight unseen trusting Eric. I was not disapointed as the delivery arrived in a white hauler and then unloaded it was spectacular in every way. It was better than any I had seen and I would buy another from Eric tomarrow based on his word. He is a straight shooter.

eagles

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62