Buying my first Viper.... now what?

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. Long time Viper lover here, but I finally just swallowed the pill and bought it.

I snagged a 2001 GTS in Sapphire Blue with Silver stripes. It's the combo I've been hunting for for years.

So if you could tell a new owner one thing, (advice, tips, suggestions, warning, etc) what would you say.

nmp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

i have some other insightful videos as well

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The big thing is just learn the car. Don't try to take it to its limits the first time you drive it. Work up to it and get used to how it drives before you try to set any records. They are tons of fun, but just be responsible. They are not nearly as hard to drive as people think. If you drive them like a normal car, they respond like a normal car. It's only when you push them really hard that they can be a handful.

OP
OP
MtyMous

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@nmp1 thanks for the video links. I've actually watched your videos a couple of times before I purchased. haha.

@ViperJeff , thanks for the welcome!

@MoparMap I've driven a few of these before. I have fast cars and slow cars. I'm not much for being an idiot on the street. My drive home will be a simple, easy shakedown. Just getting to know the car and feeling it out. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

nmp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad you did, thats the main purpose of my channel

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you do not mind, how many miles are on the car and how much was it?

BlackVenom

OP
OP
MtyMous

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@BlackVenom I'd rather not say how much. But it wasn't much off asking price if you're able to find her online. And she has 39k on the clock

John333

VCA Member
Reaction score
glad you did, thats the main purpose of my channel

I've also watched your videos several times. Thanks for making them! Saved me a ton of embarrasment yesterday: I took my new 2001 GTS ACR out to get a MD inspection. On the way home, I stopped at Home Depot for a few small things. Tried to lock the doors with the key remote, but no joy. I locked them using the door switch and added a 2132 battery to my list. Back at the car, I installed the new battery and clicked, clicked an clicked again--no joy. Thanks to your video, I knew how to get in my car and how to turn off the alarm! Checking back with the previous owner, he told me he had purchased a new key remote, but hadn't had it programmed yet. This is why I dont play the lottery. With a 50% chance of winning, I chose the wrong one going for the red key over the black one. Thanks a ton for making those videos!!! I owe you one.