Buying my first Viper this week!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should be fine. Roads are wet but not icy. Car will have a nasty coating of salt on it so get'er washed up when you get home!

Reminds me of when I bought my brand new '97 GTS in Naperville in late Dec '97. Drove it all the way to Duluth, MN that day. Roads were clear and dry and the temp was in the mid 40's. :D

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all your help again today Steve!

And I made it home about an hour ago with no problems at all on the road. I did hit some snow in northern WI, but just went really slow there. Had a lot of rain and fog 90% of the drive but still a very enjoyable drive. I am excited to own a GTS :)

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of it after I bought it and was filling up my first full tank! (It lasted me 375 highway miles)

You must be registered for see images attach

I need a few parts to make the car perfect still, it is missing both side sills, the front bumper has a huge crack at the bottom, and the car has an aftermarket steering wheel, however I have the stock steering wheel but no airbag. The car was in an accident a few years ago, I am guessing it blew.

Either way I am enjoying the car and can't wait to get up and wash it! (By hand, and towel dry of couse!)

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be joining the VCA asap when I get the new title in for the viper (the previous owner had a loan on it, so I have a title with a lien on it until he pays off the loan)

And the viper had primer gray louvers on it when I bought it and they looked REALLY bad, so I figured as a temporary fix I got spary paint them black. I put on 5 coats of paint, and 3 clear and they actually came out pretty good (lots of orange peel when you look up close) but other than that there nice and glossy for a $7 paint job. But I will probably paint them back to red when I purchase the side skirts and front bumper (current one has awful lip damage that's covered up with red duck tape)

Anyways I drove the car around everywhere for the past 2 days and I love it, it handles great, and actually isn't too bad over Chicago bumpy roads, compared to my Elise that I sold this is like an SUV lol! But man I am so happy with this car, I can't wait to make it perfect!

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235