Still have the GTS...:)
You must be registered for see images attach

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally just drooled all over my keyboard.

Beautiful! Congrats :2tu:

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the top cars on my short list of lust.....
Beautiful - congrats !
What happened to getting a stick, pretty hard to find ?

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Having had four Vipers the thrill of rowing through the gears is somewhat waned..lol and I actually don't mind the E-gear for a change of pace.
Finding a SL in Orange with very low miles (about 4K) was hard so finding one with a manual was impossible.
They only made 46 in orange for the US and orange was the only color I really wanted.
I was less than thrilled with the looks of the Gen 5 I went a different direction but when the ACR comes out I may be back to a Gen 5.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was less than thrilled with the looks of the Gen 5 I went a different direction but when the ACR comes out I may be back to a Gen 5.

I think that sounds like a solid plan...although, now your GTS will get driven even less than before!

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I'd love to hear your impressions. I've considered owning one someday...or possibly an 09+ Gallardo.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I'd love to hear your impressions. I've considered owning one someday...or possibly an 09+ Gallardo.

Will do.
When I was looking I decided I would only get a SL or a 560. They are priced fairly closely now.
And the 09 is the better car mechanically. But the SL just looks so damn cooler with the CF and the design that I went with my gut.
Besides, the two model years are very close in price which speaks to the collectability of the SL I think.
The prices on them have been trending upwards due to the scarcity. They are the go to car if you are going to TT it.
Mine has very low mileage as well so that was the choice.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks real nice and sounds like you found a great one.

Did you sell or trade your ACR?

Traded it in, Mike. Did ok.
Actually got offered quite a bit more from the Lambo dealer than the Dodge dealer I bought it from.
I was looking at a FGT on the Dodge dealers site. Got a real low ball offer.

The Dodge dealer basically told me he "didn't want older cars clogging up the lot"..lol....thanks pal.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You TRAITOR! Who in the hell would ever give up an ACR for THAT ugly piece of ....nevermind. ;) I tried to act like you shouldn't have gotten rid of the ACR for it, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gorgeous car!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You TRAITOR! Who in the hell would ever give up an ACR for THAT ugly piece of ....nevermind. ;) I tried to act like you shouldn't have gotten rid of the ACR for it, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gorgeous car!

Thanks.
Loved the ACR but wanted something that would get less attention so an orange Gallardo is just the ticket for flying under the radar. :rolleyes: