Bye Bye ACR

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, congratulations! That's is simply beautiful! I hope we get to see it at some of the NY/CT events, it will be hard to miss that lambo amongst the Vipers! Congrats!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Traded it in, Mike. Did ok.
Actually got offered quite a bit more from the Lambo dealer than the Dodge dealer I bought it from.
I was looking at a FGT on the Dodge dealers site. Got a real low ball offer.

The Dodge dealer basically told me he "didn't want older cars clogging up the lot"..lol....thanks pal.

Wow, so much for loyalty! Good luck with the new ride! Looks gorgeous!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
Looking forward to the front lift system (lifts the front end 3-4 inches with cockpit button) to finally stop scraping the front end on the driveway every entry and exit. Lol....

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will love that car jon. congrats. you might not like the stupid amount of attention it gets though...

i officially hate jon !

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will love that car jon. congrats. you might not like the stupid amount of attention it gets though...

i officially hate jon !

Spill the beans, what car are you getting next?

I officially hate you as well lol...

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of guys hate me here for many reasons so get in line....;)

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello beautiful...

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold the GTS last Saturday as well to a fellow VCA member here so in a week I am officially Viper-less for the first time since 2004.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That G is just a fling... You'll be back:rolaugh:

Some truth to that for sure.
By next spring (ok maybe summer) I'll be eyeballing something else.
But unless they put a SRT authorized dealership in my neck of the woods (at least somewhere on Long Island) it won't ever be a Viper.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Lambo Jon! (My friends called me LJ for Lambo Jason, which was pretty funny to me). The orange is a winner, and I've gotten a ton of compliments on mine. Looks electric in the sun, and the pearl is amazing. Make sure you clear bra the heck out of that car!

A few tips that you should know:
  • Never park the car for an extended period of time with the lift system activated, or drive around and hit a lot of bumps with it at speed (automatically lowers at 50mph). You will destroy the seals on it very quickly if you do, as it's just designed to get you over trouble spots. If you forget to lower it and restart the car to drop it, the drivers door has to be shut, and it takes a few seconds before it will let you lower it (at least this is how my 05 is).
  • Don't top off the gas tank. Gas that over flows spills down inside, and you don't want to have a Gallardo cooked well done if you get where I'm going.
  • I believe the gas cap is anywhere from $300-$500, so hold it in your hand when filling the gas.
  • The gas needle takes about 75-125miles before coming off of "F", and then moves with the quickness. I was paranoid that my gauge was broken when driving mine home from Atlanta.

I got a lot of attention in my Viper, I was used to it, but the Gallardo will get you a lot more negative attention, and a lot of jealous people, so just be prepared. Hope you enjoy the car, and it makes you happy!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jason, yes I finally did it.
I have been studying hard about all the little nuances of ownership on the Lambo forums but thanks for the tips.
Hoping to see it here tomorrow. I waited and waited for a SL to show up at Dallas since they were among the most agreeable to take in my ACR trade. They got that beat one back again that was there in the spring with the scraped up diffuser and paint blems so that was out but suddenly a guy trades in his orange with only 4K on it so I pounced.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello beautiful!

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised that you put the jack shaft door openers in the new garage but didn't run the door track up higher for a lift someday.

That was sort of a mistake actually but the garage is almost 28 deep so theres room behind them.
One of the many screw-ups you encounter in the build a miscommunication and it was done.
I never intend to need one frankly, I won't own two sports cars ever again.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty easily corrected so don't sweat it... You seem to be a 1 percenter so I'm sure it's nothing to you:lmao: j/k

That was sort of a mistake actually but the garage is almost 28 deep so theres room behind them.
One of the many screw-ups you encounter in the build a miscommunication and it was done.
I never intend to need one frankly, I won't own two sports cars ever again.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem to be a 1 percenter so I'm sure it's nothing to you:lmao: j/k

Not any more....:)

The Gallardo is a gift that keeps on giving. My collector car insurer (Chartis through Barrett-Jackson) informed me yesterday they don't insure "exotics".
I had both Vipers with them with a total agreed value of $180K between them...no problem....
but I go to transfer the insurance to the lambo for 160K agreed and they say no....*****.....now I'm shopping to see who will screw me less.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not any more....:)

The Gallardo is a gift that keeps on giving. My collector car insurer (Chartis through Barrett-Jackson) informed me yesterday they don't insure "exotics".
I had both Vipers with them with a total agreed value of $180K between them...no problem....
but I go to transfer the insurance to the lambo for 160K agreed and they say no....*****.....now I'm shopping to see who will screw me less.

I'm pretty sure I know the reason why Chartis re-visited their insurance policies. An old co-worker of mine basically totaled out a very expensive car, shortly after his policy started. There are some details missing to protect the innocent. If I'm not mistaken, you have to have multiple collector cars for them to even consider you now. Taylor had his Gallardo insured with them until that whole mess.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ended up doing okay back with ole Grundy who I have used previously.
Some of these guys must be in another dimension of reality.
Hagerty wanted...get this....$4200 a year. I guess to pay for the Barrett-Jackson ads.
My Grundy is $1500.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grundy now but I had the Chartis insurance offered by Barrett-Jackson for my Vipers.
Grundy was the cheapest of all the collector car guys with agreed value policies.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a pretty good day...:)

dbrown3326

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,

Good luck with the Gallardo. Did you close the deal on the "97"?

Dennis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave