Calibre Laser & Radar Protection

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have this Radar or know anyone who does?

I remember someone mentioning it in one of my past threads regarding radar detectors; but I'm seriously considering buying this for my car now.

*Please DO NOT reply to this post talking about other radars in detail such as 9500i, V1, Bel STi, etc., I have already researched those enough to have an idea about which I would choose(Passport 9500i Blue) if I were not doing a custom installed radar. So I do not want this thread to turn into a huge discussion on all radar detectors! :nono: I just want this thread to give me information regarding the Calibre System overall. However, I am interested in knowing if any of those other radars are in fact and have been proven to be better then the Calibre and why? I've also heard the ****** SR7/SRX is a good way to go for a custom installed radar detector. So any information on that custom installed radar compared to the calibre would be beneficial as well. :2tu:

So basically I'm just curious to know how the Calibre as for as being top of the line goes- compares to every radar out there? Is it really the best there is if you're willing to spend the money? I got a quote yesterday from the Audio Place in NH that I'm having everything installed at and they told me it would be $1600 already including the installation charge.

Thanks,
Anthony

Last edited:

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K40 is junk, go with blinder or laser interceptor, the k40 laser jammer is pure junk, when I get home later I'll try to post a video of the k40 diffuser ( they jammer part of the k40 system)

OP
OP
C

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K40 is junk, go with blinder or laser interceptor, the k40 laser jammer is pure junk, when I get home later I'll try to post a video of the k40 diffuser ( they jammer part of the k40 system)

Hey man, thanks for responding..

I was waiting for someone to finally make some sort of response haha!

The guy at the car stereo place said K40 will pay for your first speeding ticket if you buy their radar.. and I dunno they rated it highly but I'm sure thats obvious since they only sell K40 radars...

Am I actually better off just saving $1100 and buying the Passport 9500i Blue for $500? Or considering the ****** SR7/SRX if you say Calibre Laser detection is junk.. :dunno:

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the sr7/sex works great, look up my posts for videos that KC members did on this site. As for k40, give me 1600 cash and I'll pay for your first ticket too. And you get the same protection :) I'm posting this from me iPhone or I would post the links

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed my SR7 in my old Viper. It came highly recommended by another Viper owner (he has one installed in all his cars). The 65 safety messages were so helpful (and you can tell the cop that you only bought the radar detector to get the safety features, lol) and the radar detector worked so well that I bought an SRX for my second Viper. I never heard of the Calibre so I have no comparisson for you.

Also, the insurance company wouldn't pay for my SR7 because they didn't consider it to be "safety equipment". They also never knew that the SR7 & SRX would display road construction, Fire Truck, Ambulance, road closed, etc. etc. messages.

In the Western Canada the Vipers "out front" are the ones with Passport SR7's and SRX's though.

Ted

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check these out, these are my videos and Im trying to get a ready not just aiming at the center of the car.