Calling Out Gerald

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
70-170, boost vs. boost, TT vs. SC, bring cash or bring your gold chains.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> See Gerald, already your boy needs a handicap =&gt; &lt;&lt; 70 - 170, boost vs. boost &gt;&gt;??? Just shows he doesn't have the **** big enough to RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG -- a REAL mans race! Maybe he'll want you to remove spark plug wires? Ask him if he'd like you to run 89 octane fuel too? Would that be ok?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:
By the way, all you big talking polishers are invited the the drag event that we are having the day after to VOI. We will have a special class fo internet keyboard racers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine, what's the entry fee and who do we make the check out to? Not you I hope.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
70-170, boost vs. boost, TT vs. SC, bring cash or bring your gold chains.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Step up or shut the .... up, thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whattsamatta......feelin' a little insecure lately!????
BwhahahahahHAHAHAHAhahahahahah!!!

Your Pal,
Gerald

P.S.
SEND THE CHECK PLEASE!!!

Called your b.s., Inc
6345 Airport Drive
Tampa FL. 34625

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Mr. MotorTrend...

Why don't YOU just end all this bickering and call Doug Levin out. One of your finest against his..... Sounds fair enough?

I know I'm not speaking for Doug Levin, but wouldn't you agree that sounds fair?

'nuff said!

Thanks John!

Gerald

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a lot of people are making excuses! I think you called out the wrong guy John. My research on SC's lead me to a guy named Scott P! I heard he's got the fastest SC Viper! Now that would be a race.

BTW, just let me know how much, and I'll gladly pay for this event, I don't care who I make it out to, just let me in the door.
smile.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll step up to the plate and be the cameraman!
smile.gif

But I don't think either of the drivers would want an extra 250lbs of "ballast" in their car - so I'll ride along with the "chase car"
smile.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PerformanceMS:
Pitting the 800TT against Scott's DLM Level III would be very interesting indeed. I would suggest it be more along the lines of a traditional grudge match though, maybe a heads up 1/4 mile pass?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Those cars seem to be the proper matchup. But it would be interesting to get more than just the 1/4, how about having a selection of runs (from a roll at 60, etc.), drag strip results (0-60, 0-100, the 1/4, etc.), and dyno pulls? And all the above with and without nitrous? If the time and $ is going to be spent for such an event, you might as well get all the data possible.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Must be something that I have missed...

I used to have a great deal of respect for Mr. Hennessey, but this recent bit of trash-talking seems to have lowered that respect a little.

His postings over on another board lowers it even more.

Keep in mind, that this is the same Mr. Hennessey that drove my obsession for the Viper over the limit. The same guy that once took my impression of the Viper and magnified it.

Sad to say, that I don't think I will ever think of him the same way.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, I think Don is seeing the same thing many are seeing, there seems to be a new you out too prove something, and you don't care who you offend along the way. I know you are going to come back with the abuse you get from some of the people who post here and on other sites, but from the outside it still doesn't look good. The fact that you had something bad to say about an individual is no big deal. But insulting an entire State is a little beneath you.

You have a reputation that many have followed for years. Many people even look up to you. Every time you get in these ******* matches the only thing that really gets hurt is the image people have in their heads of you.

Would I love to see a race between the best of each of the tuners out their? Hell yes. But you know how to do that without getting yourself into this image tarnishing banter.

Keep it clean and it's a win for you and us, no matter who finishes the race in the lead.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I'll step up to the plate and be the cameraman!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to be the camera man, then you'll need a chase car to film with. Say the word I'll be there
cool.gif
Be sure to bring one with a zoom, I'm sure it'll be needed
BURNOUT.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe me John, I know how hard it is to tow a line!

I hope you get that race, and that everyone who gets to attend it gets the show of their lives.

Good luck to all that go.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Steve, I hear what you are saying. Sadly, our country is so sensative to having to say everything in some sort of politically correct manor it is beyond rediculous. So I am not even going to waste my time trying to think about how I am going to say something in a politicly correct way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what, it is not even an issue of being PC.

When I read my first article about your Viper mods years back, I was highly impressed. The more I read, the more impressed I became.

Then when I got my Viper, I was even more impressed how someone could take this awesome machine and make it even better.

But all of this trash talking is totally unneeded. Does your ego really need this type of activity to keep it alive? Sure, I brag at times. But you are taking it to level unknown to BS'ers.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. Kinda like when I was a 8 yr old kid looking up to Pete Rose. And then watching him get carted off to jail.

You do good work on Vipers. Some incredible machines. I wish I was financially able to send mine to you. But you are definantely not the person I thought you was.

That's all....

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess HMS is trying to win back some customer base and trust that was lost in the recent "dilemas".....

I love to see fast cars as much as the next guy, I'll go as a spectator since our un-modded cars are as good as fluffers. This will be good, but guidelines and rules need to be laid out and followed.

I don't think Gerald should race his car since he doesn't have experience in it after the mod, this would be an unfair advantage for HMS.

I'll go for DLM and Chuck for the wing....Adam, are you going to enter?
laugh.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not even going to waste my time trying to think about how I am going to say something in a politicly correct way.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PC??? What’s that got to do with anything?

The thing is, most on the board have a belief that your business practices are “Kenneth Lay-ish” and resent your using this board to re-establish an Internet customer base with disillusioned and uninformed users.

It’s a semi-free country, you do what you wish. But speaking for myself, every time I see your post I get the same feeling as I do when I see dmora’s “Supra TT” signature. (Sorry Dan, I just wanted a laugh.). And it’s not the trash talking that makes me want to puke, it's the fact that you somehow did a 180 with such a magnificent reputation.

&lt;pull thread timer on&gt;

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm staying out of the wing thing..Not sure what that is about, but I like fast cars and I'm not out to prove anything with my wing. I know Doug Levin as a friend and a good tuner who to me seems to care about what he does and his customers too..that means a lot to me. I don't know John, but he knows his stuff too. I guess if I were John and put all that hard work in, I would get a bit upset over people putting me down too. John just has a competitive edge to him..maybe more than others...but hey...if it wasn't for someone trying to be the fastest...then would the Viper have ever come out in the first place?

I'll race Gerald on foot in his car...from what you told me Anotnio...Gerald seems to stall at red lights.ha! (Bike Vs. Sir Hiss). I would love to see the race, but hey...keep it fun and not turn this into a import feeding frenzy where we feed off each other.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I"m a sports nut, live 'em, play 'em and get paid baby!

nothing like it when ppl get p.o'd and flustered at you for poking a little humor and smack talk their way!!
laugh.gif

I won a homerun competition against the Conseco brothers and other pro baseballs players, and minor league players a couple summers ago. First place prize was all expense paid vacation to aCarribean Island Resort for two for 7 days.
What a blast, all for hitting the most and furthest homeruns..Talk about a no brainer.. Talk about smack talk and ******* people off!! You had to be there..!
laugh.gif

BTW, Conseco is one big ****. He had about 2 inches on me and about 20 lbs..

Makes for good fun!

byeeeee

Gerald

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:

I'll race Gerald on foot in his car...from what you told me Anotnio...Gerald seems to stall at red lights.ha! (Bike Vs. Sir Hiss). I would love to see the race, but hey...keep it fun and not turn this into a import feeding frenzy where we feed off each other.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TO be honest Adam, you'd probably beat me! But ***, I'll line up against ya'..
cool.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:

TO be honest Adam, you'd probably beat me! But ***, I'll line up against ya'..
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See that's what I'm talkin about! That's the way we do it in Houston!!! ***, I'll line up against ya! You say you can run, I say I run faster, you say you can lift, I say I can lift more, you say you can dunk on me, I say let's go, you say you can last 3 rounds, I say lace em up!!

There's nothin wrong w/ that in my book! I'll probably never meet nor see Gerald but he's got respect from my camp!

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald
SVSI is not scared of any competition.We already have the worlds
fastest Twin Turbo Viper and the worlds fastest Viper and hold the world record in the mile.If one of my Supercharged customers
want to race John H that is up to them,I have told them and they told me that if they were to do it, only from a standing start,a quarter mile, one mile and two miles, all in one pass, that will tell everyone how fast and well built the engines are. Only with timing and E.M.S one car at a time. We do know of some places that are suited and meet all safety requirements in the U.S.A.Gerald I was told that someone else would have to hold the money.This is not the Fast&Furious.

SVSi
Ron SR

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott
O TO 2 miles one pass.Scott I invited you to come to Maxton N C.
They run about every month ,you can get some practice there,it is not to far away from Woodruff.While you are there set a new record in your class .It is a real thrill running the mile check it out.Other Vipers have run there.

SVSI
RON SR

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
BTW, Conseco is one big ****. He had about 2 inches on me and about 20 lbs..

Makes for good fun!

byeeeee

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** so he had about 4 inches? WOW!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I really have no sympathy or regard for those of you that seem to have some personal problem with John. Evidently, you are unable or just too stupid to deal with these alluded to wrongs that have been done to you without broadcasting your whinning on this medium. Shut the f--- up and deal with it!
Now getting back to the original competitive challenge, are any other tuners going to show up or what? A simple 'yes' or 'no' response will do. If I could post boxes to check I would to eliminate any further trash talking or excuses.
Just do it!!! I'll be there.
devil.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 31 years old but I hope I never reach the age when friendly competition bothers me! Because of the fact that I'm too old, non-athletic, out of touch, or just plain out of the loop!

I hope I never reach the age when friendly internet banter would offend me.

I think some people take life waayyyy too serious! Zoloft or ****** would serve better than a keyboard for some. Said people probably weren't very athletic when they were young or don't get out much. Said people don't understand the concept of team play nor what competition is all about.

I hope some people just have an axe to grind & weren't really speakin their mind. But regardless, I hope I never get that old & boring.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
wow! If all that is true, wouldn't that be considered wire fraud? Over state lines. I think I would get the Postal service involved. Unbelievable!!!

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes artists are lousy businessmen but they still make great art.

I commend John for his put up or shut up attitude...the **** hat says it all!!!...maybe I missed something but it seems none of the SC shops or their customers want to race? Why?

I sure would like to see our local member, Dan Black's new DLM car in action...how about the 2 mile run for pink slips to add excitement.