Cam bolt recall???????

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking 04 SRT into Waldorf Dodge on Monday in Maryland for cam bolt retorque. Anything I should be aware of before dropping car off??? Any advice? Any other issues to have dealer check out? I like to do all my maintenance myself to make sure it gets done right, but recall stuff needs to unfortunately be done at dealer to get logged in properly.

kmg99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pay the extra money for a new oil filter. DCX will pay to replace the oil in the engine but...believe it or not...will not replace your oil filter if all checks out well, even though they have taken apart a good portion of your engine.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
KMG- makes more sense to let them put the old filter back on, THEN change it about 50-100 miles later. No sense in crapping up a new filter with the stuff thats in there...let the old filter catch it, then replace it.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Request all new fluids. I did not buy into the "filter and reuse" part of the recall for the coolant. I have never seen a catch basin yet that I would trust pouring fluids into my engine from. I went for new gaskets too. I also dont buy into the reuse of critical gaskets theory.