Can you install a clear bra over vinyl stripes?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you install a clear bra over vinyl stripes? Has anybody done this? I am guessing this is a no no but what do I know. Let me know if you have done this.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would ask that? You just said you wouldn't buy, what apears to be a perfect car, becuase it didn't have stripes.... now you're thinking of adding them? To what?

BTW, yes you can put a clear bra over vinyl stripes. The factory stirpes are over the clear coat and much like vinyl they have a small ridge at the edge.

Last edited:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a clear bra put on my viper a couple of weeks ago and it it looks great. I think that you can install over stripes but I would suggest you call the guy that installed mine. He is suppose to be one of the best. His name is Tim Kirlin and his ph no is 630-669-7033. I am sure he will be able to help you.
Good Luck:usa: :)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a clear bra put on my viper a couple of weeks ago and it it looks great. I think that you can install over stripes but I would suggest you call the guy that installed mine. He is suppose to be one of the best. His name is Tim Kirlin and his ph no is 630-669-7033. I am sure he will be able to help you.
Good Luck:usa: :)

Where is Tim out of? How much did it cost if I may ask? How long did it take?

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is Tim out of? How much did it cost if I may ask? How long did it take?

Tim is out of I think Schaumburg but he goes all over. I am down in Central Illinois exactly 161 miles from Fudruckers. His ph is a cell ph (630-669-7033) that he has on him so you can give him a call. The cost for mine was $1200.00 complete included travel down here also so I don't know if the travel makes any cost difference. It took him and one other guy about 4 hours and they did it in my garage. They call it a Race Wrap that includes the front end, about 12 inches up the hood down the side covering all of the side sills and behind each wheel, the mirrors, door handles and all the way around the back of the car all the way underneath. I am planning on coming up the the meeting on wednesday but I don't think that I am going to bring the Viper. It only has 400 miles on her and I am kind of anal about all those miles for a short time plus she really isn't quite broken in. I do hope to be able to hear some exhaust sounds since I am wanting to change the exhaust to get a better sound and get the side sillls cooled down.
One other thing Tim was talking about moving to Arizona something about Chicago weather *****:dunno: so if you are interested you might want to give hime a call pretty soon. Also when I had my Viper at Roanoke for service a couple weeks ago Alex R. the Illinois club prez was there and he looked at the job Tim did and he thought it was one of the best jobs he had seen. :2tu:
Rob:D

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would ask that? You just said you wouldn't buy, what apears to be a perfect car, becuase it didn't have stripes.... now you're thinking of adding them? To what?

BTW, yes you can put a clear bra over vinyl stripes. The factory stirpes are over the clear coat and much like vinyl they have a small ridge at the edge.

WOW, Cody. are thje factory stripes really over the clear after the car is totally painted?? Man, that would sure make painting stripes easy. I was thinking I'd have to clear the whole car when done. Guess I have'nt looked at stripes that close.:2tu:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, they right over the clear coat. LASER staight with real lasers to line them up. Ask someone with factory stripes if you can feel the edge and you will see. BTW, all factory cars with stripes carry a special paint code for the stripe color. They have the base color code, clear coat code and stripe paint codes.

WOW, Cody. are thje factory stripes really over the clear after the car is totally painted?? Man, that would sure make painting stripes easy. I was thinking I'd have to clear the whole car when done. Guess I have'nt looked at stripes that close.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456