Canadian headlights

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A you need to buy is a daytime running light Module thay run about $80-100 cdn.

From the factory the American cars have a jumper plug where the daytime running light module plugs in.

I don't know why he wants to buy an american car though. Vipers cost less up here plus no border hassles

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much less? (I'm assuming even after the exchange rate).

What conversions are required to make them US legal if any? Would it be cost effective to buy one there and convert it?

Thx.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't quite understand the term "automatic" seat belts. Steve, what do you mean by "you can open and close the doors and get in and out without undoing the belts in a GenI". If I have my belt on I can't get in and out of the car!

Anyway, I agree that if your friend is Canadian he should exhaust the possibilities in Canada first. It's a lot easier without any border hassles. And the reason they are slightly cheaper up here is because the market is so much smaller (combined with the pain of exporting them) that they usually go for a little less. I got my pristine '94 RT with only 5,000 miles on it for $55K CDN (approximately $36K US). At the time that was probably $5K less than I would have had to pay for a lesser car in the US. And I didn't have to get it over the border. Of course, it took me almost a year to find it.