Can't find clutch bleeder.

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trying to bleed the clutch fluid, but can't find the bleeder! Anyone have a pic of where it is located? Does it look like a brake bleeder?

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's down right next to where the clutch line connects to the slave cylinder into the transmission. It's literally right above or below that line, can't remember which.

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is right above the hydraulic line. You'll never find it if you're looking for a small bleeder screw. It has a black plastic sleeve almost covering the entire bleeder, but you can still get a small wrench on the end of it to turn it. The whole shaft will turn inside the black plastic sleeve.

You can see the bleeder in the picture below. It is the top line (furthest away) with the hexagonal shaft. The low line (with red cover) is the hydraulic line.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It has a hole in the end that you can insert a pointed tip into. I use a vacuum, clear line, and pointed adapter in the hole. Just start the vacuum insert the adapter and loosen the bleeder. Go slow at first and keep a close eye on the reservoir.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will I be able to attach a suction pump to it while still being able to tighten/loosen it with the wrench?

Not easily. I think a lot of guys hold a rag over it while losening up the bleed ******. It is a royal mess. DanielR (Post #7) has a good idea that may not be very messy.

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These are pictures from Dave6666's old DIY covering fluid changes before the pictures were removed. Hopefully he will not mind me re-posting these.

The pictures show the pointed adapter my previous post referred to. I use these parts to vacuum bleed and rarely spill a drop. The key is to only open the bleeder enough to get the fluid flowing. Opening too much is when it gets messy.

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys! I will be doing this on Friday, since I did not have sufficient time today. Spent most of the morning scrubbing the grease and grime off the front suspension. I want to stab the person that serviced this car before I bought it. Apparently, someone thought is was a good idea to grease all the fittings and never wipe of any excess grease!

Before:

After:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4