Captree Sunday December 14

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone interested in Captree this Sunday? I haven't been behind the wheel in a while so since the weather is supposed to be nice i was planning on heading to Captree Sunday.

Anyone interested? I am sure it will be good since the weather has been crappy the last few.

Maybe we can get Steve in his new ACR to come down.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Captree is a State Park in Long Island located on the water roughly 10 miles from Jones Beach. Every fair weather Sunday there are hundreds, sometimes thousands of car enthusiasts who go to Captree with thier ride to meet and chat with other car enthusiasts and show off their ride. There are some serious cars that show up. Everything from original shelby cobras, crazy quarter mile cars to enzos.

I go as much as i can and still amazed at the cars there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By 12pm Captree is dead. In fact I usually show up around 8:30 and leave by 10:30. Just as suggestion - maybe go early and get back by 11:30 12:00.

By the way, i saw you on Grand Central last Sunday around 5pm. I was going east and you were going west. I just caught your car out of the corner of my eye. While I wasnt sure it was you exactly, how many other black with gray stripe aero kit SRT10 are there????

I cant wait to see it in person.

Spozed to buy our Christmas tree on Suday....but maybe not till the afternoon?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expect to be down there in my B/W, so will my buddy Gene in his B/W if it's dry.
Probably around 8:00-8:30. By the way, dress warm it is always windy and colder there than when you step out of your house.
Coffee shop is open.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By 12pm Captree is dead. In fact I usually show up around 8:30 and leave by 10:30. Just as suggestion - maybe go early and get back by 11:30 12:00.

By the way, i saw you on Grand Central last Sunday around 5pm. I was going east and you were going west. I just caught your car out of the corner of my eye. While I wasnt sure it was you exactly, how many other black with gray stripe aero kit SRT10 are there????

I cant wait to see it in person.

That's my usual "casual drive" route. Out the Grand Central to the Southern State/Northern State to Wantaugh/Meadowbrook to Jones Beach. Sure it was me. :D

I was in the right lane doing 50...right?

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope to be there by 9am.

Citi you were in the middle lane and yes going 50...

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lets Meet Up At The Information Center On The Southern State A8cross From The Trooper Station

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasnt able to go. Got to the car and tick tick tick... Dead. By the time it was charged up, it wasnt work the trip.

It feels like eternity since I was last behind the wheel. I am in the process of moving to Long Island now so the Viper will definitely will see more time, especially Sunday mornings!

Just back....from buying our Christmas tree. Would have loved to taken the drive.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medium size crowd, weather was overcast, windy and cold.
It's a fun drive, but the hanging around outside in the winter there is brutal unless it's sunny and not too breezy.