Car Blow Dryers

piper1112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone use those blow dryers to dry off their cars....if so, any brand suggestions or comments.

Thanks Piper :beer:

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seriously? You guys actually blow dry your cars? What's wrong with a Shamois or soft towel?

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Master Air Blaster
Price: $399.99

Need even more power? The Master Blaster has a total of 8-peak horsepower. This unit's 2-twin fan, 4.0-peak horsepower motors will deliver up to 58,500 feet per minute of clean, filtered, warm airflow. Includes 5 different nozzles that enable you to position airflow wherever needed to eliminate water spots.

Email A Friend

Gift wrap this item for only $4.99.

California Car Cover item MBC3D $399.99 Works great,,you never have to "touch" the car or wheels :usa::usa::usa:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes leaf blowers. After washing the vehicle and thoroughly rinsing it, I use a leaf blower in the shade to blow out all the cracks, rims door jams and even the interior of the vehicle then go over the whole thing with a Chamois. You are then ready to drive away with no water blowing off the car and leaving streaks.

Bruce

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like other I have also used an electric leaf blower for years. Before that I use to always use my air compressor to blow water out the cracks etc. Using a leaf blower with a well waxed car is the only way to go. It's fast and helps prevent swirls marks. You dry about 90% of the car with the leaf blower and then just go over the few water spots you may still have with a microfiber towel. Also great on wheels and blowing all the water out of places you can't get to.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A brief word of caution...use moderate speed blowers..."125 mph" instead of "180 mph" range...more is not better, as unwanted debris can be stirred up with disastrous consequences!!! Also, some moldings are more fragile than others.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Master Air Blaster
Price: $399.99

Need even more power? The Master Blaster has a total of 8-peak horsepower. This unit's 2-twin fan, 4.0-peak horsepower motors will deliver up to 58,500 feet per minute of clean, filtered, warm airflow. Includes 5 different nozzles that enable you to position airflow wherever needed to eliminate water spots.

Email A Friend

Gift wrap this item for only $4.99.

California Car Cover item MBC3D $399.99 Works great,,you never have to "touch" the car or wheels :usa::usa::usa:

The Master Blaster works great....:2tu:

AND...

Its a good vacuum.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First blow down you driveway with the blower then wash car so that when you use the blower you do not stir up any dirt around you onto the clean car. second, use electric only because the gas/oil mix operated blower put out lots of exhaust into the air and ***** it right back onto your car leaving contaminates.

HISSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this one on for size! Just ordered one myself because of this thread. And I quote...

Metro Blaster SideKick

A powerful blast of air in the palm of your hand!

Instead of waiting for your vehicle to dry itself, blast water away with the Metro Blaster SideKick. The compact Blaster SideKick is a hand-held companion to Metro’s popular Air Force Blaster. The SideKick blasts your car dry before water spots form. Hit the road faster with the Blaster SideKick!

The Metro Blaster SideKick is an compact, handheld dryer for car owners because it removes water from places where towels cannot reach. When the vehicle is driven, these water droplets stream down the body panels and leave streaks and spots. The Blaster SideKick eliminates the water in crevices and on body panels before it has time to dry, in order to prevent ugly water spots.

Imagine drying your vehicle in just a few minutes without touching it. The Blaster SideKick allows you to dry the vehicle with a large volume of warm, filtered air, which eliminates any direct contact with the paint. The SideKick is a safe and efficient way to dry any vehicle.

The Metro Blaster SideKick weighs just over 3 pounds, making it an excellent travel companion. The SideKick fits into into car trunks so you can blow dry your vehicle when you’re away from home. When prepping for a car show, the portability of the SideKick is a real asset.

The Blaster SideKick runs on a 1.3 HP motor powered by a 12 ft. grounded cord. It includes a rubber neoprene blower nozzle to direct air into tight spaces and an air fan nozzle for drying body panels.

The SideKick is constructed of all steel in the U.S.A. and carries a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.

Don’t give water spots a chance. The Metro Blaster SideKick blasts away water with warm, filtered air to leave your vehicle dry and spot-free.

Features:

Air Volume: 160MPH/85CFM
Air Speed: 18,000 FPM
HP Motor: 1.3
Amps: 8
Volts: 120
Watts: 950
Warranty: 1 YEAR WARRANTY
MADE IN USA

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using an electic Toro for years now and thought it was the bomb...but Friday we got delivery of two Makita LXT 18 volt handheld blowers, model BUB182. We use these to blow out the shop work area of pieces of wire insulation, nuts, bolts, etc. Let me tell you, not having an extension cord attached makes clean up about 3 times faster. The air output is pretty amazing...it is close to the output of the electric Toro. Feels like the same pressure, just a little less volume. The physical size is about a third of the full size Toro, so it is a breeze to get into and out of tight places, under tables, etc. Total weight with battery is under 4.5 lbs. It has a variable speed trigger and 3 preset speed settings.

As soon as I tried it, I knew I had a new car blower. The rubber nozzle is very flexible so it won't mar the paint if you scrape it. It's about 12" long and fits in the side vents and between the wheel spokes no problem. I aways hated using the electric Toro because the extension cord would get wet, dirty, get unplugged, etc...PIA to wind back up without wiping it down. Cordless is THE way to go.

Also, regarding the Metro units...please be advised at their "power" ratings. I'm in the air compressor business and many vacuum and compressor companies have "interesting" ways to gauge their output. An advertised "peak" of 8 hp is not reality. That is probably startup amperage, only milliseconds long. They claim 19 amps (two 9.5 amp motors on their top of the line unit)....that comes out to 3.0 hp if the motors are uber efficient. Most residential circuit breakers would be at their limit at 3 real continuous horsepower. Our dog groomer uses a Metro to dry the dogs after a bath. You'll notice that Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc all use the word "Peak" horsepower in their marketing of vacuums and compressors. It would almost be impossible to call them on this because "Peak" can mean whatever they want it to mean. You can probably tell I don't like people trying to bend the laws of physics with marketing B.S.

Cheers,
George

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
another vote for the Toro Electric here. No need to mess with the gas ones. And the unit brand new at Home Depot was only like $40-$50 if I recall..

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the big master blaster and it's awesome! The great power and heated air make drying the car a snap.

The leaf blower option is great as well but the master blaster is awesome.

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62