Car & Driver Recent Super Car Review

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone see the recent Car and Driver "Super Car Comparo" ? My Tivo grabbed the episode over the weekend...They compared the Ford GT to "the competition", a GT3 and the Ferrari Challenge Stradale (I know nothing of this car)...

So where was the Viper, and I wonder how they would have compared the GT to the SRT10?

Also, wouldn't the GT2 be the better car to compare?

Tomer
:usa:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Car & Driver Recent Super Car Review

The reason the SRT-10 wasn't in it is because,the Viper would have stole Ford's thunder in regards to the GT-40. Ford sells a ton of Mustangs. Car and Driver wouldn't want to tick Ford off and risk them pulling ads from there magazine.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how they pick them, but all 3 vehicles where in the $100K-200K price range. Maybe the SRT-10 is just too good of a deal in comparison :laugh:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT/10 is an awesome car. I spent some time with one yesterday afternoon for the first time. It owns! Styling could be improved upon some, but if it weren't for the awesome looks of the original 92-02 beauties nobody would be knocking the SRT/10s looks.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the stradale is lightened more powerful version of the 360 at 195k plus tax and title. the viper only doesnt fit because all the other cars are coupes

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT-10 is not a Coupe, it is a CONVERTIBLE. The cars highlighted in the program were track coupes. Maybe next time, Dodge.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Stradale is a little like the comp coupe in that it is supposed to be the track version run on the Ferrarri challenge series. Kinda like our Viper Days wheel to wheel series. Too bad they could not use a comp coupe in the comparison, that would have been interesting! I think the others are all street legal though. Unlike like our comp coupe.....sigh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21