Car show at Bear Mountain wed night

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can make it after tators....

lets all try to go one nite. its a nice drive but i remember someone telling me they aint letting in newer cars now...:(

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an EVERY Wednesday night cruise in. The president of the club that runs it emailed me and said that, unlike in past years, only pre 1963 (I can't recall the exact year but Vipers are excluded) can park on the field (the "show" area) where you have all the room that you need. All the rest are now relegated to the asphault parking lot which is 1/10th the size of the show field. I've heard that they're turning non-pre 1963 cars away when the parking lot is full.

I guess some of us ought to make the trip and check it out.

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I have been there where they had over 1000 cars and 300+ bikes but I agree its all about the diversity of the show.....It starts around 4:30 and runs till dark I am trying to get there by 5:30 I will ck it out see where they put me.(hopefully not next to a vette :) )

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I have been there where they had over 1000 cars and 300+ bikes but I agree its all about the diversity of the show.....It starts around 4:30 and runs till dark I am trying to get there by 5:30 I will ck it out see where they put me.(hopefully not next to a vette :) )
Here's the advertised deal:

This Wednesday May 4th is the first "show".
Thanks to all that attended last year's cruise nights - we appreciate your support. We would also like to thank Bear Mountain State Park and our sponsors. This year's cruises will begin on Wednesday May 4th, 2005 and continue until September 28th.
Cops and Rodders / Rod Benders
Staff and Members

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Due to logistical support and limited space, starting Spring of 2005 only cars 1985 and older will be permitted in the cruise area...

BEAR MOUNTAIN STATE PARK WILL BE CHARGING FOR SPECTATORS PARKING AND CAR CRUISE SHOW CARS THIS YEAR THE PRICE WILL $2.00 PER CAR. THIS IS NOT A CLUB IDEA. WE GET NONE OF THE MONIES COLLECTED FOR THIS

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went last night there were only about 75 cars.I was able to park on the field although I had to pay $40 to join the club because I was not older then 1985 (lol now I don't have to pay $2 each week) I guess the club should be able to profit from a successful show .I don't know what will happen this summer,we will not see 1000+ cars.Its a shame people hate ricers and the new generation so much....I personal loved that show because of the diversity.