CAR STALLING

mbviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MY 94/RT KEEPS STALLING EVERYTIME I DEACCELERATE FOR LIGHTS OR SIGNS.I
BROUGHT THE CAR TO THE DEALER FOR SERVICE
BUT THE CAR DIDNT STALL AT THE DEALERSHIP
AND THE MECHANIC COULDNT FIND ANYTHING
WRONG.AS SOON AS I GOT HOME THE CAR STARTED STALLING AGAIN.WHEN THE CAR IDLES AROUND 500-700 RPM ITS FINE BUT AS SOON AS IT DRIFTS DOWN BELOW 500 IT CUTS OUT.ANY IDEAS?

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, my 94 is doing the same thing. After the car warms up, the idle appears to be low (under 500 rpms). Prior to warming up, it idles just above 500. After warming, about 20% of the time when I slow or stop, the tach will drop all the way to 0 and the car stalls. If I turn the ignition switch off and back on, the car will start just fine (still idles low). It does not matter if the air conditioning is on or off, the problem still occurs. I have noticed that I can pretty much eliminate the stalling by not down-shifting when I slow down. If I just push the clutch in with the rpms above 1500 and slow down with the car in neutral, it will drop to idle (under 500) but not all the way down and stall.

I replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, synchronized the throttle cables (several times), made sure the hose running from the left valve cover was solidly connected to the air box, and made sure the wiring cable on the right side of the air box was solidly connected. None of this fixed the problem.

I will say that I didn't have this problem until I got on it from 1st through 3rd a couple weeks ago. Any more suggestions? HELP!