car trailer for rent?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by ninjakris, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ninjakris

ninjakris Enthusiast

I know its a long shot, but does anyone have a car trailer I can rent/barrow from the 12th-16th? I am going to a 1/2 mile event outside of Atlanta and my wife isn't too thrilled about doing a road trip in the viper. We have driven to Atlanta a couple times in the viper and she is tired of it. I will probably end up just renting a uhaul trailer, but figured I would offer my $$ to someone local first. I'm located in the Charleston, SC area. Open or closed is fine, as I am barrowing a friends 2500 truck. My truck (Honda ridgeline) can only tow 5K so that limits me to lightweight aluminum trailers. I plan on buying one of these lightweight trailers in the next year or so, but we are under contract for a house right now so buying a trailer isn't exactly on the priority list right now. Thanks for any help. Kris

2. latamud

latamud Viper Owner

Kris,

If you were near Tampa you could borrow mine. It's just sitting there.

Bart

3. BigBadViper

BigBadViper Viper Owner

You can rent mine. It is up in Raleigh. The uHaul might be too high.

4. ninjakris

ninjakris Enthusiast

What kind of trailer do you have? The only problem I see is when I can find time to drive up there to get the trailer and return it with my work schedule.

5. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

If you go the U-haul route, make sure that you get the right version trailer. There is at least one thread on this forum that had some good details.

6. ninjakris

ninjakris Enthusiast

Yeah, I have searched the posts on uhaul rentals. I'm going to stop by uhaul place tomorrow and make sure they have the correct size.

7. ninjakris

ninjakris Enthusiast

I ended up renting the wider uhaul trailer. Not too bad I guess, $219 for four days. I hope my wife appreciates it. Lol. If anyone has next weekend off and wants to see some if the fastest street cars in the country racing a 1/2 mile, come on out to Clayton ga. Feel free to say hi if you make it. I will be at the timing system.