car trip from Vegas to San Diego

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning a road trip with a group of car guys from Las Vegas to San Diego in the spring. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a hotel thats not too pricey but has good car parking that we might be able to hire security to watch the cars? And are there any good places to go with a group of sports cars down there?

As I get the dates for the trip set I will let you guys know and hopefully we can meet for a drive or something.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what would interest you...also, I went to all these places before I had my Viper, so I don't know how Viper friendly they are. With that said, here is a list of things that I like in the San Diego area ( not neccessarily in this order):

The San Diego Rail Road Museum. It is about 45 miles east of SD
Pacific Southwest Railway Museum

The San Diego Wild Animal Park. They have the best bird show I have ever seen. I believe this used to be the Lion Country Safari where you drive your own car through the park of free roaming animals. I remember having Ostriches trying to get in the car when I was a kid.
San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park

Then there is the Main Zoo.
San Diego Zoo

SeaWorld
San Diego Park Home

And one of my favorite places, Balboa Park.
Balboa Park

They have a decent Air and Space Museum,
San Diego Air & Space Museum - Balboa Park

a small Automobile Museum
San Diego Automotive Museum - Balboa Park

and a rather nice Scale Railroad Museum.
San Diego Model Railroad Museum - Balboa Park

These are just a few of the things to do in Balboa Park.

Old town is nice as well the Sea Port Village for outdoor shopping along the water front.
Old Town San Diego Guide
Seaport Village - San Diego

As far as Hotels I will let one of the locals make the suggestions. My Grandmother lives in La Mesa, so we stay with her when we are down there.

I hope this is some help to you.

I am sure that you will have a great time! San Diego is a great place!

Last edited:

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where? :)

Most of the hotels in San Diego are away from the water. One that isn't is the Catamaran, and it's rates are pretty good. It's on Mission Bay on a beach, and a block from the ocean. It is staggering distance from bars and clubs. Ask them what they can do about parking. The owner Bill Evans is a car nut with a serious collection elsewhere.

Sign up on Yahoo groups for SDvipers. It is an active group, with back roads drives most weekends.

OP
OP
J

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys! I have been to San Diego several times and I always love it! Usually I stay in a time share I have there and spend all my time at the zoo, animal park, and Balboa Park. I have never had my viper there so I was hoping for some insight from owners in the area.