car wash reccomandation from wetaskwin auto museum.

mikerae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i took a car detail course with the Wetaskwin Alberta auto museum and they use Animal soap from the local vet, they type used for horses or cows believe it or not, they say that it is the mildest and will not stain or mark any leather or plastic, they use it on all there collector cars in the museum, never would i have thought of that, and it is very cost effective as it comes in large pails also. just thought i would pass it on. :omg:

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who'da thought that up?

I guess its probably PH balanced, as getting soap in a horses eye would be pretty exciting if it stung.

How do you pronounce Wetaskwin?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pet shampoo/soap??? Next time I wash my dog I'll let it run around the inside of my other car to test this out...thanks for the tip!!

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think any soap with a neutral PH (7.0) is the best, and I'd imagine that's why the museum is using it (probably cost also). Thanks for the tip!

OP
OP
M

mikerae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not for interior just for the outside, but in the old cars the windows do not close well and sometimes soap will get on the interior. It is used on the outside as it does not strip wax or have any foreign substance in it. It is not dog wash but horse or cow soap, i guess you could use it for Dogs also . They use it in warm water and use a microfiber cloth the wash, after a good rinse with water, it also does not damage any inside doors and body panels etc. this also happens on my 2010 final edition as it is a convertible.

WHE TASK WIN :rolaugh:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is important to use a pH neutral shampoo when washing your car. For the occasions you need to strip wash, add a little All Purpose Cleaner to the mix!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave