Carbon decklid for my Coupe rear project.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with my hood, but the exposed section was cleared.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Steve,

Interested in your Gen IV CF race hood for my 09 ACR.

Saving 40 lbs is a bunch, expecially up front where the ACR ********* is a bit nose heavy.

Does it come clear coated?

Could you have a red stripe painted on the hood, then have it cleared?

Also, does the hood come with hardware and do you have some install instructions?

Thanks,

Dan

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the perfect accessory for you Andy, for when you are cruising with the top down.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your lagging response time to this thread was noted:D.

That hat won't work, no aTm on it :D

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Veryyyyyy cool
"Also since these are prepreg I can take panels that get damaged in a race situation and stick them back in the mold and with the addition of some heat, resin, carbon fiber and a little pixie dust we can fix the parts "

I cant wait to see some of the cars. Steve any issue with UV on the exposed carbon fiber? Do you have UV protectant in your clear?

ACR Steve,

These panels are Dry carbon so no clear coat has been added as most race drivers either wrap their cars or paint them some funky color. Any automotive clear coat these days has a ton of UV inhibitor in it and if someone is planning to bolt these panels on and leaving their car in the sun I would recommend that they add some clear coat

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Interested in your Gen IV CF race hood for my 09 ACR.

Saving 40 lbs is a bunch, expecially up front where the ACR ********* is a bit nose heavy.

Does it come clear coated?

Could you have a red stripe painted on the hood, then have it cleared?

Also, does the hood come with hardware and do you have some install instructions?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

The hood just requires hood pins, which some Viper owners mount in different ways depending on their frame of mind as to what they are willing to do to their cars. We should talk and I can determine how to make teh brackets for yours to mount, I have done elaborate, no drill/ no cut methods and then the simple drill a hole mount a stud, Pin on, done, method.

Just as an FYI, here are the other savings

Stock Hatch 53 LBS - Carbon Hatch with lexan window (the window is 8lbs) 12LBS - savings 40+ LBS right off the top
Stock Roof 47 lbs - Carbon Roof 4-6 lbs, Savings 40+ LBS right off the top
Stock Hood 30LBS + hardware (hinges, latch mech - 10+)- Carbon Pin on hood 9 LBS - Savings 30+ LBS
Stock Front Bumper 15.6 LBS - Carbon Front Bumper 3 LBS - Savings 12 LBS
Stock Rear Bumper 18 LBS - Carbon Rear Bumper 3 LBS - Savings 15 LBS
Stock Rear Quarters 9 LBS - Carbon Rear Quarters 1.5 LBS - Savings 7.5 LBS
Stock Front Fenders 9 LBS - Carbon Front Fenders 1.5 LBS - Savings 7.5 LBS
Stock Aluminum side pieces (no heat insulation) 6.2 LBS - Carbon Sides 1.5 LBS - Savings 4.8 LBS

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

The hood just requires hood pins, which some Viper owners mount in different ways depending on their frame of mind as to what they are willing to do to their cars. We should talk and I can determine how to make teh brackets for yours to mount, I have done elaborate, no drill/ no cut methods and then the simple drill a hole mount a stud, Pin on, done, method.

Just as an FYI, here are the other savings

Stock Hatch 53 LBS - Carbon Hatch with lexan window (the window is 8lbs) 12LBS - savings 40+ LBS right off the top
Stock Roof 47 lbs - Carbon Roof 4-6 lbs, Savings 40+ LBS right off the top
Stock Hood 30LBS + hardware (hinges, latch mech - 10+)- Carbon Pin on hood 9 LBS - Savings 30+ LBS
Stock Front Bumper 15.6 LBS - Carbon Front Bumper 3 LBS - Savings 12 LBS
Stock Rear Bumper 18 LBS - Carbon Rear Bumper 3 LBS - Savings 15 LBS
Stock Rear Quarters 9 LBS - Carbon Rear Quarters 1.5 LBS - Savings 7.5 LBS
Stock Front Fenders 9 LBS - Carbon Front Fenders 1.5 LBS - Savings 7.5 LBS
Stock Aluminum side pieces (no heat insulation) 6.2 LBS - Carbon Sides 1.5 LBS - Savings 4.8 LBS

Steve
Do you have the above parts (in red) available now?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve
Do you have the above parts (in red) available now?

I can get the parts done pronto for you Mike. The ones you labelled are the most complex, so no, you can't have em before this weekend's race weekend, LOL

Give me a call , I would love to make my mark on your car...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your lagging response time to this thread was noted:D.

That hat won't work, no aTm on it :D

If I buy you that hat, and put ATM on it, will you agree to wear it to every car event or gathering? I can make this happen. I tried looking for one that was all carbon fiber, but I think a motorcycle helmet might be a little over the top. Unless you put an ACR stripe on it.

hehe

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I buy you that hat, and put ATM on it, will you agree to wear it to every car event or gathering? I can make this happen. I tried looking for one that was all carbon fiber, but I think a motorcycle helmet might be a little over the top. Unless you put an ACR stripe on it.

hehe

I'll borrow Mikes carbon helmet and Hans device, no need to spend your money.

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
What would you say the weight of the carbon decklid is? I cant wait to shed the weight from the bondo anchor i have in place now...:headbang:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hehe

Beat me to the punch. I was going to link an ATM sticker and offer to solve this dilemma.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hehe

Do it Andy!!! :)

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The running joke on me is the number of tires we go through. For you it is definitely a CF thing! My CF helmet is light dammit!

Agreed, I build my car the way I see fit, kind of like when Tony had white wheels on his car. And your helmet/hans is awesome.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your car is awesome......even if it's a touch slower. :)

lol LMR got some more hp out of it today after the header install, 486rwhp 506ftlbs. It's tough keepin up with all you Houston high rollers:)

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
What would you say the weight of the carbon decklid is? I cant wait to shed the weight from the bondo anchor i have in place now...:headbang:

Billy,

We are going to need some before and after pics,

Sorry to hear about your serpent decklid being such an ordeal, I can't imagine what the first one you sent back was like.

as for weight I will find out soon, I forgot to ask, if I guess, I will be wrong. LOL

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can get the parts done pronto for you Mike. The ones you labelled are the most complex, so no, you can't have em before this weekend's race weekend, LOL

Give me a call , I would love to make my mark on your car...

Cool... At this point, it will be a Winter project for the track car...

Gotta replace the TT engine.....:rolleyes:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So weight savings is over 100 lbs? That is pretty good.

All those numbers are each side, all totaled if you replaced the bumpers and the the hood and roof, hatch, quarters and fenders

approx 177 LBS !

add in some carbon seats and deduct out another 80 lbs

essentially you can reduce the weight by 250 lbs

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve thanks for sending me out the carbon fiber hood instead of the fiberglass hood. It has some very small flaws but you know I was going to paint it. Problem is I love the look of the carbon!!!! Now you say you have a front bumper?? Will it match the hood?? If so please contact me. Thanks Shawn.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve thanks for sending me out the carbon fiber hood instead of the fiberglass hood. It has some very small flaws but you know I was going to paint it. Problem is I love the look of the carbon!!!! Now you say you have a front bumper?? Will it match the hood?? If so please contact me. Thanks Shawn.

It will definitely match!

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current bondo composite mass weighs 58 lbs!!! It may have started at 40 lbs but when you add two gallons of filler thats what you get..:omg: thanks for the information Steve. I cant wait to get the decklid !!!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current bondo composite mass weighs 58 lbs!!! It may have started at 40 lbs but when you add two gallons of filler thats what you get..:omg: thanks for the information Steve. I cant wait to get the decklid !!!

Hey Billy,

You are going to be happy with this thing, taking 30 lbs off you A$$ and having no cracks or other crap to deal with will really help you enjoy your car that much more.

I guess I should have made these sooner!

Sorry!

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve,
Can you please post some pictures of the carbon roof, bumpers and other parts. Also can you kindly PM me their prices.
I already have your hood, so looking to add a few more parts :)

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw your other post with prices...

Yeah, I posted the prices in the supplier section, just to follow the rules, Those parts listed there are the superlight race prepreg parts, I will also have some wet layup vacuum bag versions that will save weight as well (not as much) and will have a little bit o finish to them as well.

shoot me some pics of your car with the pin on hood on it!

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave