Carolinas VCA Members - 2013 Club Update

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello fellow VCA Carolinas Members (both past & present),

I hope that everyone had a happy and healthy 2012. We are sending this note out to let you know a bit about the new officers for the Carolinas region and to give you and idea of what is coming up in 2013.

If you have already renewed for 2013, thank you very much, you will not be disappointed. If you have yet to renew this year, then please go the member portal on the VCA website and fill out the form ASAP (directions at the bottom of this post & there should be an insert in the next VCA magazine).

We will be selecting a member's name at random from those renewed by January 31st and give the lucky winner a 2013 membership for free! (Reimbursed for their level of paid membership). So be sure to sign-up asap so that you are entered and don't miss out on any events. If you have any interest in a jam-packed year spanning both NC and SC (planning on dyno days, autocross, dinners, beach cruise, Tail of the Dragon, garage visits, holiday auction and even a big event at Biltmore!), then you will want to renew today!

About your new officers:

My name is Chris Mendler and I am the new Carolinas Regional President for 2013. I am taking the reigns from our former President, John Slaughter, and hoping to build upon the base he has setup for us. John has been great in helping us get setup so that we may provide our members with an excellent year of events. We will be sending out a newsletter with the calendar dates of this year's events a little bit later this month.

A little background on myself... My wife, 2 children (ages 2 months and 2 years), and I live in Fuquay Varina, NC (just outside of Raleigh). We have a beautiful '97 GTS (blue and white) that enjoys cruising into local shows as well as some amature track time at VIR. She is also known to slither quite quickly down some local country roads from time to time on a clear weekend.

I have been very busy over the past year or so with the club in planning some local events for VCA members and I am excited to now be able to host similar activities across both North and South Carolina. Our VP, Brian Kennedy, and I are working hard to provide great events for our members in all locations. We hope that 2013 will prove to be a memorable year for everyone and we will be able to grow participation across our two states. I plan on being open with our ideas for the region and I hope to be able to lean on fellow members for their help. Please feel free to contact me at anytime with suggestions, comments, questions, etc. and do not be shy about posting on the VCA Forums

2013 is already shaping up to be a fun year and I cannot wait to get started! I hope to see many of you out on the road....

-Chris

A note from Brian Kennedy, our VP:

Hello fellow Carolina Viper Club members! My name is Brian Kennedy and I will be serving as your Carolina’s Regional Vice President for the 2013-14 term. I reside in Raleigh, NC with my wife Janelle (our club treasurer) and three children (ages 4, 8, and 10). I purchased my first Viper in 1998 which was a 1994 RT/10 and have had Venom in my blood ever since. We currently own a 99 RT/10 and an 01 GTS. Vipers are my passion and I am really looking forward to being directly involved with the club and getting to know all of you!

Our new President, Chris Mendler, has proven himself worthy to lead our club by planning and executing multiple events on his own last year. I am really excited to be working with Chris this year in order to take our club to the next level. We already have some exciting events tentatively scheduled for 2013. An official calendar of events will be released very soon. Since we have quite a geographic spread of members throughout North and South Carolina, one of our major goals is to execute events that are spread among different locations throughout the Carolinas. That way, everyone has opportunities to participate in club events. You can also look forward to receiving regular updates from us whether it be in the VCA forums, by e-mail, or in our *new* quarterly newsletter.

Finally, I would like to strongly encourage everyone to reach out and offer suggestions to Chris or myself. A club is nothing without its members so your input and feedback are vital. Also, please take some time and visit the VCA forums and sign up if you haven’t already. We have a section dedicated to our region and it is a great way to view updated information on upcoming events, communicate with others, and just get to know everyone. Start getting your Vipers ready now because I can assure you we have a great year coming your way! See you soon!

-Brian Kennedy

Thank you again for being part of the Viper family. Our club is just as much about the people as it is the cars and the more active we all can be in the VCA, the better the experience for everyone. Don't be a stranger, introduce yourself on the forums, and come out to some events!

Happy Vipering,

Carolinas VCA Officers

Instructions for VCA membership renewal:

Go to https://www.viperclub.org/membership/ and enter your VCA member # and password. Then enter your information and payment. There is a link to setup a password if you have forgotten yours. If you do not remember your member #, then email [email protected] or a regional officer. You can also find your member # on your VCA badges or on the Forums (if you are logged in) by going to "My Profile", then clicking "Forum Actions, then "Edit Profile". Your member number is at the bottom of the profile edit page. Thank you

Last edited:

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thx for the e mail, i am looking forward for all the events, especially Dragon's tail and autocross!!!!, Like Mr squarepants says " I'm ready":D:D!! lol

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really looking forward to getting together with everyone this year. Some of our events may require a little road trip from time to time, but caravans are always fun. Remember guys, the more the merrier....so join in when you can!!! :2tu:

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Gotcha. I spoke to Brett in AL/TN region over the weekend & he sent me some info to help us plan our route.

Reminder for anyone that has not yet renewed that we are giving away a free membership
-Must be a Carolinas region member
-Must renew by Jan 31st at 11:59pm
-Winner will get reimbursed for current year or have the option to extend membership into 2014 for free!
-You will also be helping us get firm numbers for our member base so we know where to have our events this year!

We will be posting up 2013 tentative events, locations, & dates soon. Feel free to share your thoughts with us!!

billjr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to get out on a winters day, with no Snow and Great bunch Viper Friends! Thanks Chris and Brian! Great Job!!:2tu:
At Mayhem Motorsports Dyno