Carolinas VCA Snake Charmer School!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Charmer School - June 22nd (Rain Date June 23rd)

The Carolinas Region VCA, in coordination with the Tar Heel Sports Car Club, will be putting on the first annual Snake Charmer School and autocross this June. This school and competitive autocross will teach basic car control techniques as well as some more advanced driving in a timed autocross. This will be a very safe environment in which to learn the limits of your Viper. Exercises will include a slalom, a skid pad, threshold braking, proper lines for turns and more. You will also spend some time in other vehicles to quickly learn vehicle dynamics. This is a GREAT opportunity to learn how to drive your car - better, faster and safer. Instructors will be there to assist in advancing all skill levels. PLEASE sign up - we are encouraging families to sign up for this course. Having instructors there to teach is ALWAYS a better situation than spouses teaching each other! Have your kids drive the Viper here for the first time in a controlled environment. The facility used to be an airport used in WWII for bombers. The pavement is grippy and there is NOTHING to hit.

After a catered lunch, we will continue on to a timed autocross course. There you will put together all the things you learned before lunch. You'll be competing for prizes. This is also our opportunity to practice autocrossing before VOI - as we will competing there for a chance to represent the VCA in a challenge against Team PVO (Performance Vehicle Operations)

Space is limited to 50 participants so please sign up by June 6th - you can do it by filling out the form in this newsletter, or calling or emailing me with the information listed on the application. The cost is $50 per person, $80 for 2 people and $100 for 3 people from the same family. You will be sharing the car, so 3 people is the upper limit in order to give everyone enough seat time. This cost includes instruction, a full day of driving activities (Viper and Neon), catered lunch, event T-shirt and awards.

Carolinas Region Members get priority, but afer June 10th, we will open this up to other regions if we have not sold out.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

I see the deadline date for signup, but whats the date of the event???

Is this at the Sanford Airport?

REAALLLY INTERESTED!!!!!!

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
john,
Sorry - I edited my post...
June 22nd, rain date, June 23rd

You should have your newsletter tomorrw at the latest. It is at the old airport in Laurinburg, NC. The Sanford site was not up to our standards (surface was failing, very gritty, would have sandblasted cars and not been grippy) and the Laurinburg site is GREAT from a traction perspective, as well as being reasonable for the SC folks...

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am opening this event up to other regions!!!

Price is $50 for one person, $80 for 2, and $100 for 3 from the same family. Price includes lunch and an event T-shirt.

Again, the autocross course is 1.2 miles long and should prove to be very Viper friendly. Instructors will be there to assist in all aspect of car control.

Just email me and I can send you the registration form. Come on our and join us - it'll be a great time!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never got that newsletter (or my vca membership, probably have to send it again), but I would like to go!!! Mail me some info if you can.

James

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAROLINAS VCA - Snake Charmer School - June 22, 2002

VCA Members and guests:
First things first - this event is NOT sold out, so if you want to join us, please call me at 919.782.3495 or email me to sign up... Remember cost is OBSCENELY CHEAP - $50 for one person, $80 for 2 people and $100 for 3 people. GET THE FAMILY IN ON THE ACTION!

The weather forecast for Saturday is showing NO RAIN, so we should have a great day for our school. Here are the details:

Directions to the Laurinburg Maxton Airport can be found here:
Laurinburg Maxton Airport

Here is the schedule - it MAY change if we get done earlier than we anticipate due to smaller numbers of attendees:

8:30 AM Driver's Meeting
9:00 AM Course Goes hot
We will be breaking into 3 working stations to practice threshold braking, slaloms and sweeping turns. A skidpad will also be set up just for fun - and will not be manned or part of the regular rotation. You will have a forty minute session at each station for practice and 5 minutes to change areas.

12:00 PM - Lunch to be provided

1:00 PM - Timed Autocross starts. We will break into 2 run groups so that we can have an easier time keeping up with drivers and cars. You should get plenty of runs on this great 1.2 mile course. Again, since this is at the airport, there is nothing to hit. In fact, the East Coast Timing Association dues their high speed tests / runs here.

4:00 PM - Course shuts down - and prizes will be awarded.

If you have ANY questions - call me at 919.782.3495 or email me! Come out and join the Carolinas VCA for this event - prizes, lunch, event t-shirts, rental Neons - what more could you ask for???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21