CECA track day in Golden Aug 25th

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colorado State Patrol Track once again. A rather small, somewhat lame track (compared to HPR, PPIR, PMP) but still more fun than not doing a track day. I have decided to take the Corvette this year for this event, cuz the size and layout of the track is just not real Viper friendly. (by the time you get out of 2nd gear, you gotta downshift again...seems like) So the Viper will have the day off for this one. .....Hope I don't get too bored.:rolleyes:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That track's surface is ******* tires too from what I remember. My street tires looked like slicks after 1 session.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you aren't mistaken for the Pueblo track? Pueblo used to eat tires like no other, but this will be my 5th season at the State Patrol Track, and I haven't had any excessive tire wear lapping there.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Pueblo was hard but I remember the Golden track being hard since it's regular asphalt (since the State patrol practices there) as opposed to what road courses usually use.

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.............the day went well. It's amazing how different the Viper and Corvette are on the track. Took a while to get in the groove of things. The Corvette is so much easier to drive, but the Viper is so much more fun. -variety isn't a bad thing sometimes, it helps us to appreciate the insanity that we get used to.......