CEL-Battery air temp sensor & Oil temp sensor

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had a check engine light on my 08 since 100 miles. Now 450 miles and I took it to the dealer and they said it was Battery air temp sensor and oil temp sensor. I took it in around 300 miles and a mechanic cleared the "stored" codes, but the light came back about a mile down the road. Now the BATS is an "active" code.

The tech said the oil temp sensor was most likely triggered ny the BATS. The BATS(when he plugged in the scan tool) was reading 245 degrees and the voltage was <1 volt. He unplugged the BATS and it still read 242 degrees and the voltage stayed at .3 instead of going up to 5 volts.

He thinks it is a grounding issue or maybe a wiring issue in 1 of the harnesses vs. just being a bad BAT sensor.

Any one with this CEL or any input on the situation? I hate to drop the car off and let him start picking thru the harnesses on the car fisrt off. Seems like he would change the sensors fisrt before dissecting the harnesses on the car.

Thanks
J

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like ur mechanic talks and sounds like he knows what he is doing,i would let him fix it his way:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456