Central Alberta Event August 6 2011

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Day to our Alberta Members

The Central Alberta weekend event August 05th thru 07th is in the final planning stages and I require some assistance with a couple of items;

1.0 recommendations for a hotel Friday night August 5th in Canmore; I thought that city would be good for the cars coming all the way from the coast; other ideas are most welcome; parking is always a concern so I need some advice on a good location.

2.0 recommendations for a meeting place 09:00 AM Saturday morning for the cruise thru the badlands; I also require a route map for the cruise back into Red Deer/Sylvan Lake; recommendations for a lunch stop..

3.0 Ron and Bobbie have offered to host the dinner Saturday night; need a map for the location.

4.0 recommendations for a hotel for Saturday night; either Red Deer or Sylvan Lake?

5.0 suggestions for the trip back from Red Deer/Sylvan Lake via Rocky Mountain House, lunch stops etc.

Look forward to assistance and participation in the event.

The Billy Barker Days event planned for July 16th weekend is also well into the final planning; I will send a broadcast email to all of the members early next week.

Best Regards,

Jim

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Morning to the Alberta Members;

I wanted to update all on the August 05th thru 07th Central Alberta weekend event. I have checked into hotels for the first leg of the trip for the BC group; appears Canmore is very popular and is virtually booked up that weekend. Plan B is to travel thru to Airdrie and stay over night there. The Hotels of choice are 1 the Holiday Inn Express; 2 the Ramada Inn and Suites; both have the rooms at present.

I will attempt to reserve a block of rooms tonight; I need some feedback from the Northern Alberta group if they want to stay at the same hotel or do their own thing; we could have an informal meet and greet in Airdrie; location to be confirmed;

Saturday morning meet at the local Chevron; if they have one? and commence our cruise at 09:00 to 09:30 to the Badlands. I need some input on the cruise route!!

Saturday night will be in Red Deer rather than Sylvan Lake due to availability of rooms; hotels of choice, 1 Holiday Inn Express 2 Sandman Hotel; both in the same area; I have not booked any rooms yet in Red Deer, was waiting for input?

Saturday night dinner at Ron and Bobbie's details to follow.

Sunday we head back via Rocky Mountain House.

I will be sending out an update on the remaining events tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jim

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Balzac, which is essentially Airdrie. I will do a drive by tonight but I think parking at these locations is outside and open to public. I think I still have the booklet Greg did. If so I will get it to you

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the cruise route, avoid hiway 9 between beiseker and Drumheller, its mostly gravel and under construction. This cruise sounds pretty cool, im sure i will be in attendance. Might even spend the night in red deer with the group.

There is lots of open lots to meet up for the cruise. It just depends on what part of town the hotels are in to make it at least close.

pvo_pwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are fairly sure that we will attend. Any of you heading through medicine hat, if so lets meet up and cruise together

If I'm able to make it, I would be coming through the Medicine Hat area.

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Event Update !!

The plans have now been confirmed for the Viper Weekend in Central Alberta. Cars from BC and other parts of Alberta will be arriving in Airdrie on Friday August 5th most staying at the Holiday Inn; the Ramada is a good option close by. Friday night Jim and Carleen Rous from Balzac have generously offered to host the meet and greet at their home which is very close to the Hotels. Their contact [email protected]

Saturday morning we are meeting up with other Vipers at the Great Canadian SuperStore mall adjacent Highway 2 in Airdrie to start our cruise into the Badlands; we will visit the Royal Tyrell Museum for a short tour and continue into Red Deer for the night; again staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Saturday night Ron and Bobbie Nichols have confirmed they are hosting the evening barbecue; another very generous offer extended to the members.

On Sunday we head out west thru Sylvan Lake to Rocky Mountain House and continue on to Lake Louise; everyone should prepare a box lunch for the photo op and stop on route mid day.

I hope to meet some of the new members from Alberta and get reacquainted with some of our Viper Nation friends from the past.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers Jim

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I am still alive.:omg: Sorry guys (gals) but I have been super busy. :omg::(
Will have everything organized for Sat.......I hope....may be The Col. :rolaugh:

May have a bonus feature.:headbang:Here comes the....oops cannot let the cat out yet.:rolleyes:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone that is coming to the Central Alberta Event, As we know the weather has been very trying as of late with all the rain and hail we have had here in Alberta. So to ease your minds a little, Most of you know I built a new home and man cave. We are not moved in yet but close, So for all the out of town Viper owners that are worried about leaving your car outside on Saturday night, My garage is open to all of you to park your Snake for the night. The garage is alarmed and very secure. Just let me know either on here or at the event. My garage is only about ten blocks from were you will be staying. I have room for 17 cars so should be able to accomodate a few of you. That way you can party hardy and not have to worry about your car.:D:D

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to the see the Man Cave; is that short for Viper garage!! Wouldn't miss it; my daughter lives in Red deer and the grand kids would be interested as well; they have already requested a parade of Vipers past their house.

Thanks for the offer; that's what makes the club so unique and GREAT!!

See you next week.

Jim

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim;

I will respond to your email tonight; at this time it looks good for a reasonably strong turn out; anticipate 10 cars some from BC and some from Alberta. We will not arrive in Airdrie till about 18:00 hours Mountain time; so a start time would be 19:00 hours.

I will be in touch with updates as we get closer.

Cheers,

Jim

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time do you expect to be in Airdrie and what time is the Saturday morning departure? I am tying to decide if I will come Friday night or Saturday morning

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jim. Yes we are going to head back to Calgary Saturday night so we can definitely travel back together if you want. We won't be able to make the Friday meet and greet but we'll be seeing everyone Saturday morning at the Airdrie superstore parking lot.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say about today is WOW !!!!! 17 cars and what a drive we had. :drive: Loved the route variations....

Skill testing question: how many Vipers can fit on the Bleriot ferry ?
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks to all that attended and contributed. It was a terrific day!!! Have fun tomorrow gang.

Jim, they're a spot you missed on your car.....:lmao:

Last edited:

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time at my first VCA event, Will definatly be attending more. The drive a lot of fun, the dinner was fantastic. Thanks to all who put in the hard work to make this happen.

Ill post up some of my pics in a bit.

PS the answer is 18

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a Great Time Yesterday and Today, 17 Cars yesterday and 9 today, Great Run both days. Also I must put in a HUGE Thankyou to Ron & Bobbie for the terrific meal and hospitality, As busy as Ron is and the troubles he has had with flooded basements, He deserves a Great big Thankyou for still getting the Barbeque set up and done. Thanks again Ron & Bobbie. It is appreciated. Next year we will have to put it on at our place. Hopefully we will be in by then.

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gang;

Just completed a double 26 hour shift; we cast th ebridge deck on one of my project syructures; don't know waht day it is although it is SUNNY and 32 degrees.

The Viper Nation is most certainly alie and well in Central Alberta. Debbie and I had a wonderful time; thanks very much to Jim and Carleen for hosting the Friday meet and greet at your beautiful home; the welcome you guys extended excentuates the unique Viper nation spirit.

The Satruday cruise thru the badlands was extraordinary; thanks to Ron and Louie for showing us your stuff and leading the pack; everyone enjoyed the course and the speed was pefect, although I know I can't catch Louie!! The ferry crossing was unique and memorable for sure; thanks for the photo Jim and you are right I did miss a spot, hope I am not banished?? I will write an article for the Viper Magazine describing the weekend festivities this fall.

Our daughter and family in Red Deer are very thankful everyone made the effort to stop and show their cars; that was extra special!! I have some great photos and video that I will share.

Thanks to Grant and Cindy for showing the man garage; and your fabulous new home; can't wait to see the finished product; when we visit Red Deer next time we will drp by for sure!!

Ron and Bobbie; your Saturday night dinner party was absolutely fabulous; Bobbie your food presentation was over the top; and delicious well done!!

Steve; thanks for putting on the show; new tires next year??

The Sunday cruise down thru the mpuntains was stunning the roads were terrific and the the scenery was breath taking; lots of great photos.

Thanks to all that participated and assisted to makwe the event memorable; event planning takes a lot of effort but when the members show up and support the club it is all very worthwhile and rewarding!!

Everyone can look forward to some unique and enticing events next year; the details will be sent to all; keep the Viper Nation spirit alive!!

Cheers,

Jim

Three Strikes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had a great time on the weekend with all involved with the Drumheller cruise . A big thanks to Ron and Bobby for the Bar B Que on Sat, biggest steaks I have had in a long time also to Grant and Cindy for still showing all, the man cave even with some of the problems they have had to go through with the builders. Looking forward to the next cruise and it was great to see the members from BC even with the questionable weather.:)

Take care
Mike and Carol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21