Certificates no longer available

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my clients that is a current Viper owner just tried to reserve a 2003 Viper SRT/10. They told him they would put him on a waiting list because they have issued all the certificates. Too badd-all good things must come to an end.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like this news... I'm happy!

Sounds to me like the first year of production will be going entirely to existing Viper owners.

Anyone know how many certs have been issued to date? Or rather, how many valid cert requests has their been (considering NONE have actually been 'Issued' just yet)?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
.....and can anyone now dispute the value of this website and the VCA?

VERY COOOOOOL!

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if I just went online two days ago and registered, but did not receive my certificate in the mail yet, I'm out?

They sent me an email confirmation, does that mean I am accounted for?

Thanks,

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you got an e-mail confirmation of your reservation then you are in. The actual reservation form will be mailed out in the second week of January.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like YellowSnake just made it in under the wire. You did get a cert # didn't you???

-------------

Like Mike, I am also happy, but for a slightly different reason. It doesn't really matter to me how the production gets allocated, other than the effect on my ability to get a certificate. Nonetheless, I didn't feel like a "deserved" a certificate any more than anyone else. In fact, I can think of a lot of ways in which I deserve a certificate less than some other people around here, including the fact that I've been an owner/VCA member for only about a year and a half, so clearly there are many with way more seniority.

Anyway, the good thing from my perspective is that it looks certain that the first year's production will be entirely allocated within the next few months. This will have to be good for the value of the car, not that I'm intending to sell mine right away or anything. It's just that when you spend $70K or whatever it's going to be for the car, it would be nice if the value didn't plummet instantly.