Charging 2006 Viper SRT-10 Convert.

PJP's Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, All! New owner, new VCA member. A few questions! Just want to double check if it is O.K. to put a quick charge or a trickle charge on my '06 Viper/SRT-10 by charging to the "battery saver" inside the engine compartment/to the red terminal and then ground anywhere on the engine compartment? Also, would it be best to stay with a Mopar/Chrysler product battery when replacing or something else? Just did a fresh oil change/mobile 1/zero-40 plus filter, with limited use, between 2 -3,000 miles per year, do you still need to change the oil at 6 months, or is it o.k. to go a full year with the limited use? Is it a good idea to change the drive train fluids? Car is 3 years old, 5,800 miles on it. Any specific time fortune-up/ plug change? Any favorite waxes? Thanks for the help. Pete

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase. If you do searches on all this you will find endless threads of information that you are looking for. It is always good to go thru all the fluids especially when changing ownership.

Bruce

OP
OP
P

PJP's Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase. If you do searches on all this you will find endless threads of information that you are looking for. It is always good to go thru all the fluids especially when changing ownership.

Bruce
Thanks for the quick reply, Bruce. Just learning how to negotiate the site - I will check all the categories for the info.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The search tab is just above the thread line on the right hand side. Give us some details on teh car and post some pics.

Bruce

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, All! New owner, new VCA member. A few questions!

First, Welcome to the the wonderful world of Viper ownership and the club! I have no doubt that you'll enjoy your experience with both. Post up some pictures of your new ride, we're all Viper fanatics and would love to see it!

As Bruce said, most of your questions can be found using the search function of this site. I did a couple quick searches and came up with the following threads. I hope it's helpful!

Just want to double check if it is O.K. to put a quick charge or a trickle charge on my '06 Viper/SRT-10 by charging to the "battery saver" inside the engine compartment/to the red terminal and then ground anywhere on the engine compartment?

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/610646-trickle-charger-question.html

Also, would it be best to stay with a Mopar/Chrysler product battery when replacing or something else?

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/625888-trickle-chargers.html

Just did a fresh oil change/mobile 1/zero-40 plus filter, with limited use, between 2 -3,000 miles per year, do you still need to change the oil at 6 months, or is it o.k. to go a full year with the limited use? Is it a good idea to change the drive train fluids? Car is 3 years old, 5,800 miles on it. Any specific time fortune-up/ plug change?

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/625544-maintenance-questions.html

Any favorite waxes? Thanks for the help. Pete

http://forums.viperclub.org/viper-detailing-tips-tricks/

OP
OP
P

PJP's Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to check out those sites. Thanks so much. Go to my profile and check my album - some photos of the car there. Trying to make an avitar - it won't let me change my original settings. I'll keep on trying.

OP
OP
P

PJP's Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did pay for new membership on October 12th. Emailed VCA directly and they are looking into it. Seems I never received my VCA Membership number - maybe they have to process the order. Thanks for the reply!

V

Venomiss

I did pay for new membership on October 12th. Emailed VCA directly and they are looking into it. Seems I never received my VCA Membership number - maybe they have to process the order. Thanks for the reply!

Call the 1800-998-1110 and see if they have a membership number for you to PM to the moderators. Talk with Kim or Fiona.
You caught them during the last part of the raffle week so betting they were a bit busy.;)
The moderators can then upgrade your status and you'll be able to get the avatar done.

Some information and membership number card badge will come but it takes 4-6 weeks for that.

Thank you for joining the VCA and supporting the site!

OP
OP
P

PJP's Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone is so helpful - appreciate all the replies. I just tried calling the number you gave - guess it's too late! I will try tomorrow. Also picked up the trickle charger at Wal-Mart as was suggested in one of the threads sent to me. Worked great! Saved me lots of time running around.

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Everyone is so helpful - appreciate all the replies. I just tried calling the number you gave - guess it's too late! I will try tomorrow. Also picked up the trickle charger at Wal-Mart as was suggested in one of the threads sent to me. Worked great! Saved me lots of time running around.

Sorry I forgot to mention it's on Detroit time and their offices are only open until 5.
Looking forward to seeing your avatar very soon!