Cheap GEN III Coupe on eBay - $66,500

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry F355, but thats probably one of the red/stripe track cars that are floating around.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah people are going to say it is on eBay and that eBay cars hardly sell but for the people that do not care, here is a nice listing at a dealership:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Dodg...1QQcmdZViewItem

$66,500 with only 1520 miles.

Note to Carnac...
Starting bid only, has no relationship to anything in the real world.
New rules...Get back to us with CLOSING auction prices, that could be very valuable. You might start by checking your post regarding the 5 Blue Convertibles as to how many sold and for how much.
And I agree with the other poster, that is probably a track car or SRT experience car.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah people are going to say it is on eBay and that eBay cars hardly sell but for the people that do not care, here is a nice listing at a dealership:

Note to Carnac...
New rules...Get back to us with CLOSING auction prices, that could be very valuable. You might start by checking your post regarding the 5 Blue Convertibles as to how many sold and for how much.
And I agree with the other poster, that is probably a track car or SRT experience car.

Can't please everyone but this was just stated as a good opportunity. If I post what they closed at then you will come up with something stating that it was shill bidding. If I show a listing stating it was ended early to sell to someone, then you will say that the car was not really for sale. No matter what is stated, people will find faults. Personally, I do not care but here are the facts on this car: It is for sale and it is starting at $66,500. Possible good deal, that is it; end of story.

By the way, the 5 blue cars that I posted a little while back all had buy it now prices except for one and none sold and they were "good" deals ranging from $65K - $70K. So seeing this sell for somewhat close to what it is starting at is not an unrealistic assumption.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Note to Carnac...

Can't please everyone but this was just stated as a good opportunity. If I post what they closed at then you will come up with something stating that it was shill bidding. If I show a listing stating it was ended early to sell to someone, then you will say that the car was not really for sale. No matter what is stated, people will find faults. Personally, I do not care but here are the facts on this car: It is for sale and it is starting at $66,500. Possible good deal, that is it; end of story.

By the way, the 5 blue cars that I posted a little while back all had buy it now prices except for one and none sold and they were "good" deals ranging from $65K - $70K. So seeing this sell for somewhat close to what it is starting at is not an unrealistic assumption.

Well actually you would be wrong, one did sell, that's my point, and I walked you right into it.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes one did sell. I tried to edit the post but got kicked off the internet. It was the one with 2300 miles. Sold it to an outsider. Someone called and purchased it but the other four are still available as of the last time I checked. Lee the point of this post is only to help someone if they are looking for a coupe and that is all. No one is trying to "depreciate values" or mock the market, just trying to help anyone looking.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes one did sell. I tried to edit the post but got kicked off the internet. It was the one with 2300 miles. Sold it to an outsider. Someone called and purchased it but the other four are still available as of the last time I checked. Lee the point of this post is only to help someone if they are looking for a coupe and that is all. No one is trying to "depreciate values" or mock the market, just trying to help anyone looking.

You may not think you are depreciating the market but from the volume of pm's and emails I get there is a substantial segment of the Viper community that firmly believes you are having that effect. You are not violating ANY rules of ANY kind in doing it but I assure you there are many that feel that way. But you have every right to say what you think.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? In all honestly I would have never thought this and I would never think that one person could do this but I guess people are entitled to their opinion. I seriously think that I am trying to help people find deals before they spend their hard earned money. I have gotten TONS of *** from people contacting me asking if I knew of any cars for them before they purchased their dream car and many have purchased cars from the info I have given them. I do not understand how this can be hurtful as the info is available to everyone if they look hard enough but that is just my two cents. I am not on here saying, "SRT values ****" or anything to that nature. I just guess you can not please everyone. Please PM me your take on this whole thing. I am very intrigued in all seriousness.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? In all honestly I would have never thought this and I would never think that one person could do this but I guess people are entitled to their opinion. I seriously think that I am trying to help people find deals before they spend their hard earned money. I have gotten TONS of *** from people contacting me asking if I knew of any cars for them before they purchased their dream car and many have purchased cars from the info I have given them. I do not understand how this can be hurtful as the info is available to everyone if they look hard enough but that is just my two cents. I am not on here saying, "SRT values ****" or anything to that nature. I just guess you can not please everyone. Please PM me your take on this whole thing. I am very intrigued in all seriousness.

For the record, I think you're just being helpful, and the people complaining are just being overly sensitive. A car's value is not dictated by what goes on in 5 or 10 years... we will know the true value of these cars in 20-30 years. Besides, anyone that thinks buying a Viper will make you rich, needs to invest more money into their social security account (sarcasm here). A Viper is the result of having money, not the other way around. Enrich your soul by DRIVING it!

I do have to question your tolerance for pain though... the same crowd comes out to pound on you everytime you point to a price, and you keep coming back. :D

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang:

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to know some people still like me on this board :D . But in all seriousness, I think that it is helpful overall and I will continue to help out people that ask or post if I see good deals. Can't please everyone.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355, since you seem to control the pricing of all used cars, could you please start posting the lowest prices possible for Murci's? I would like to see 02's down to 125K by March, thanks.

Oh, and could you also keep the used prices on H2's up because we will be trading ours in July.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me the more people to see the "good deal" the more the price is likely to increase and subsequently increase values.

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally like hearing about good values. Makes me want to take the plunge again. No need of wasting hard earned cash on an inflated price.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I verified with the delivering dealer outside of Sebring that this is an SRT car. This is from a group of coupe's that ran at an auction in Chicago a month ago, all SRT-Skip Barber cars. I started with a 900 mile car that's in the mid-west listed in auto-trader, now down to $67.5. This particualr car listed on e-bay ran a few weeks ago at no reserve starting at the same price. 1 hour, or less, before the auction ended they pulled the car. Think it had hit a bid of $70.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars that list with nothing but the factory literature spewed back in your face have something to hide because that is the ONLY good news they can provide on the vehicle. Rule on thumb in my book.

If someone has the money to by a Viper, why on God's green earth would someone spend $68K for a used "questionable car" when they could pay 10% more and buy a brand new one with no questions or concerns. THAT is why the used cars are selling for so cheap.

Who wants to buy someone elses beat to crap junk? I know I would not. Just becuase someone had the money to buy a brand new one does not mean they know how to drive. Also if they do have an accident, it is in their best interest to fix it without insurance and then the accident never shows up on a Carfax. Seen a lot of that on high end exotics as well.

Anti-up and buy new or buy used from a known car that you have known about since new. Again, just my opinion.

What looks like a good deal can very quickly turn into a nightmare.

Rick

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's your point?

This is a good deal?
This is a great deal?
The new coupe prices are already taking a sh&t?
Vipers don't hold their value?
ebay has great cars and prices?
It's raining outside?

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's your point?

This is a good deal?
This is a great deal?
The new coupe prices are already taking a sh&t?
Vipers don't hold their value?
ebay has great cars and prices?
It's raining outside?

I think the point was the last one, IT'S RAINING OUTSIDE. :D

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching this... the guy who bid first... "vipergts41" (and lost by $100) is the same dude selling the manuals I was bidding on...

Anyone get a set of those manuals on cd yet?