Chelsea Autocross

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick note to say thanks to Ron Stene, Jim Bielinda, Mike Cipponeri and the entire crew that made the MCVO Chelsea Autocross a huge success. I had a great time and enjoyed the format. The pre-autocoss cruise was a nice way to start the day too.

Ron...I figured out what my thump-thump sound was. I flat spotted a tire pretty bad on run #7. Go figure! :nono:

Zach

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Zach. This was a great time. I really appreciate how so many people contributed to the event. You for coordinating and previewing the cruise - and leading it very well, Mike for coordinating so much of the event and assisting in setup and running of the event (and getting lunch). Jim for his help in setting up the track (even if he set it up in an Anti Gr8 Asp manner) and running the timing equipment. Terry and Karla for providing the trailer and tent. Dave, Ray, Sarah and others for help setting up the track. Everyone for helping retrieve cones and get ready to leave. And Bruce for having the unpleasant task of keeping track of attendees and collecting money. All in all a true group event.

I am very happy the weather decided to cooperate (even if just a little later than we hoped for) and that everyone had a great time.

I can add that you were not the only one who went through tire(s). The layout definitely made braking key and the long turn removed more rubber in 1 day than a road track could in several days. Wow!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer, Zach --

You were running so smoothly all day long -- tough to have that happen on one of your last runs. How did you find it, after you jacked it up like you were considering?

Here are a few shots that were anonymously donated to preserve memories of one of our best autocrosses ever:

08_Autocross.JPG

08_Autocross_12_.JPG

That's Terry's terrific trailer in the background!!

08_Autocross_9_.JPG

Here our Prez lets the event coordinator get in on some of the fun!

08_Autocross_4_.JPG

08_Autocross_7_.JPG

Of course we had a little eye candy for inspiration, too!!

08_Autocross_3_.JPG

Thanks to all for a fantastic Viper event! :2tu: