Chrome or Black Chrome on Silver Viper?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about having my the wheels on my silver Gen 3 chromed. I originally thought regular bright silver chrome, but have been wondering how the black chrome might look... Any ideas or any pictures of a silver car with black chrome? Thanks.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love my bright chrome on my dark car, but I think black chrome would look awsome on a silver car. Even better than the black wheels that I have seen guys do on silver.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw a set of black chrome wheels on a silver tuner recently, i think it would look great on a silver car. go for it

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not black chrome, but you get the black on Silver idea.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not do the entire black wheel thing because my car is accented with GTS Blue (stripe, emblems, etc.) and I am not sure that would look good.

It looks like a lot of people like the black chrome idea on silver. I've been looking for pictures but I still can't find a good one. Still undecided.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Bright chrome, because of your blue accents. I'll try to find you a picture of black chrome though just in case you decide to go that route.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black chrome looks good on any color- i have them on every car i own

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, I remeber that thread... It kind of morphed into a "paint wheels black" thread so I started one asking a different question. I also decided from that thread that I want to chrome them so that also led to a new question, hence the new thread. I quess nobody has done Black Chrome on a silver Viper (or any silver car for that matter) as no pictures have appeared. Gotta at least try though... I may go looking on the Vette forum for a silver Vette with Black Chrome. I'm still a member on the forum from the days I had a C6 a few years back. It would still be ideal to see a Viper pic even if it is not silver.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Bright chrome, because of your blue accents. I'll try to find you a picture of black chrome though just in case you decide to go that route.

Thanks Slithr, I am leaning to bright chrome, but I really would like to see a pic of black chrome before I make a final decision.