Chrysler IPO???

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, since I've retired I watch a fair amount of CNBC. :D

During one of their segments, they were discussing Fiat and its big drop today. The UK correspondent clarified that the drop was a result of Fiat splitting off the car division from the industrial division.

Okay, no biggie....except, he dropped a very subtle (one quick line) statement about Fiat looking at a Chrysler IPO.

If true, what does that mean for Chrysler, and specifically, for Viper?:dunno:

Just putting it out there!:eater:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, since I've retired I watch a fair amount of CNBC. :D

During one of their segments, they were discussing Fiat and its big drop today. The UK correspondent clarified that the drop was a result of Fiat splitting off the car division from the industrial division.

Okay, no biggie....except, he dropped a very subtle (one quick line) statement about Fiat looking at a Chrysler IPO.

If true, what does that mean for Chrysler, and specifically, for Viper?:dunno:

Just putting it out there!:eater:

Means more $$$. Other than that it only changes things if the majority shareholder(s) change. There would be lots of changes in how accounting and reporting are done, but I won't bore you with explanations of generally accepted accounting principles... :omg:

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is that it could happen latter half of 2011. Certainly a good thing if they can get it off as it would show investor confidence in the company, and of course the US gov't would be a selling stockholder and less gov't ownership can only be a good thing. Probably no impact on Viper.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been reported that Fiat is interested in increasing their controlling interest to 51%. They have 20% and can get to 35% with "incentives". To get to 51% they will need to pay back both the American and Canadian Gov't loans amounting to around 8 Bil.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not enough refined product to sell. Wouldn't do a large investment. Only play money or what you could afford to throw in the toilet. The only reason fiat bought chrysler is goverment help,jeep,a supply of dealerships to sell fiat. GTS Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery