Chrysler is coming to my backyard

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front page of our local newspaper today. Our local communities have been trying to get Chrysler to purchase the Ford Proving Grounds in Yucca. An official announcement is going to be made November 2nd. Chrysler has been looking for a replacement of the Wickenburg Proving Grounds which were sold to a land developer. The new name will be Chrysler Arizona Proving Grounds. :drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY cool--and to have it in your backyard so to speak!! Would love to see them testing cars there (better YET...wish I had the JOB of testing the cars!! Wouldn't be a job at all~~!) ~juli

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fired up on this one....I used to see all of the test mules for Ford including the Ford GT so I will hopefully get to see some Chrysler advanced products and hopefully we can have the same relationship with it as with the prior Chrysler proving grounds.

V

Venomiss

That's great news! We'll count on you for those spy shots.:D

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Chrysler already had a PG in Arizona? Isn't that where they do all their heat testing?

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As above, Chrysler sold the their prior proving grounds near Wickenberg to a land developer. I think that there was too much building/encroachment on the property and they decided to sell it and look for a more private location.