Chrysler states I do not own my car!!

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good to hear it's working out for you. And if MB gave you something interesting to drive during this time. I'd just try and have fun with something a little different while this all pans out.:2tu:

What kind of vehicle did they loan you? I hope it is something you can have fun with!!!:drive:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I been away from the VCA fourm for a little over a week, but I was thinking about this thread/situation, glad to hear it seems to be getting settled (fingers crossed)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Harley561,

I hope they loaned you a Mercedes McLaren SLR....I haven't driven one of them yet and can hardly wait to buy one.

Regards,
Aaron

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dont buy used cars based on the 1/1000000000000000000 chance something like this could happen - check

buy brand new cars straight cash - check

tell others that cant do the same to get "real jobs" - check

baller status achieved.

Wow, can I have your autograph :rolleyes:

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I been away from the VCA fourm for a little over a week, but I was thinking about this thread/situation, glad to hear it seems to be getting settled (fingers crossed)

Thanks very much, however I feel like we are at the same place as when I started.

The only difference in my life now is that some documents have been filed on my behalf and I am driving a black on black C300 with a big Delray Mercedes Benz sticker on it instead of the attached.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 117

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap. What a bummer of a story. I hope you get made whole. The process is going to be very challenging and perhaps expensive for you. I hate to hear stories like this. Good luck and we're all behind you man.

Mike

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks very much, however I feel like we are at the same place as when I started.....The only difference in my life now is that some documents have been filed on my behalf and I am driving a black on black C300 with a big Delray Mercedes Benz sticker on it instead of the attached.

[And the other difference is that you MOVED 'YOUR' CAR !]

At least the Dealer is taking [and admitting] some responsibility thru the loaner.

-Did any restraining order(s) against repo get considered ?
-Has any entity tried to locate your car since that first process server?

GOOD LUCK!!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if this initially works out in your favor, seems there could be diminished value concerns later.

The story will always follow the car irrespective of fault.

Not sure I would want the car back at this point, I would rather have the $$ and invest in a 'no stories' car..

Hoping the absolute best for you....

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[And the other difference is that you MOVED 'YOUR' CAR !]

At least the Dealer is taking [and admitting] some responsibility thru the loaner.

-Did any restraining order(s) against repo get considered ?
-Has any entity tried to locate your car since that first process server?

GOOD LUCK!!

In response to your first question, no. We are waiting to see how the motion to dismiss plays out.

As far as someone trying to locate the car....I have no idea. We haven't seen anyone at my home or office. Chrysler has known where the car has been the last two years based on the court documents but I am still not taking any chances.

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even if this initially works out in your favor, seems there could be diminished value concerns later.

The story will always follow the car irrespective of fault.

Not sure I would want the car back at this point, I would rather have the $$ and invest in a 'no stories' car..

Hoping the absolute best for you....

I'm not concerned about any story following the car. This isn't a situation where I bought what appeared to be a clean car and then come to find out someone hid the fact that it was salvaged/wrecked and now no one will want to buy it.

This is a question of ownership. The state says I own the car and I have a lien-free title in hand. The court just needs to agree.

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well it's been a while....we finally received a letter from Chrysler's attorney, signed, that they will not attempt to repo my car "without a duly noticed hearing and court order approving same".

We have court in the morning on our Motion to Dismiss so everyone please feel free to say a little prayer, cross your fingers, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully some good news tomorrow.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you receive the court's certification of your rightful ownership, you should have the dealer go through the process of repossessing their loaner! Bastages!

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:2tu: Good luck,,,,everyone here is on your side.

I have a cluster #@%$ story on my car as well, but maybe I'll wait until your outcome is finally finished before detailing the drama involved with mine.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's been a while....we finally received a letter from Chrysler's attorney, signed, that they will not attempt to repo my car "without a duly noticed hearing and court order approving same".

We have court in the morning on our Motion to Dismiss so everyone please feel free to say a little prayer, cross your fingers, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully some good news tomorrow.

Hope it goes well for you. The case law seems impressive. No notice of a lein on the vehicle in your state is a big deal.

Unfortunately, motions, such as this one, in most states don't get very far if there is lots of money involved. The court wants to dig deeper and get to the heart of the matter.

There must be plenty going on behind the scenes here. Still want to know what happened to the Repo people, if they were allowed to get the car/when that happened, etc.

Seems to be lots of facts out there the judge can sink his teeth into.

If you win, then you can "drive it like you stole it" and actually make some jokes for the rest of your life about it.:D

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow. We'll all be tuned in to this channel for the exciting conclusion.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck today Harley!

@ Zen :omg::omg: Can't believe you are still battling that, start a thread maybe someone here can help.

OP
OP
H

Harley561

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok...so my 15 minute hearing has come and gone.

End result: nothing really

Quick summary:

- we presented
- Chrysler presented
- Judge reprimanded Chrysler for bringing new cases to support their claim that they never provided to us. Judge asked if they were trying to "ambush" me and went off on them. Even told their attorney that they give all attorney's a bad name.

Chrysler claims these cases support their claim that if fraud was committed then no one has a right to the vehicle.

We have 5 days to review these new cases and then submit a response to the judge.

Both my attorney and I felt the judge was on our side. I'll know more once my attorney gets back to me following his review.

The lawyer for Mercedes of Delray was also in attendance.

Thank you everyone for the support.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456