Chuck Tator Featured in Wards Dealer Business Magazine

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have to donate, but they sure make it easy for you to "accidentally" donate... "marketing" they will call it. I've worked with enough internet companies to know how button placements and wordings are never accidental. They intended to trick people into donating to them. If 1 out of 100 gets tricked... that's still a lot of money. I'm not faulting you for setting it up... I'm just calling their scam for what it is.

And since they take no responsibility to sending the message, whats the point? Don't our website have polls and such that can also gather names?

I think a thousand pennies...even if most are thrown away... creates a bigger impression than a plain txt document with 5000 names. Names can be easily added and falsified because it's basically free to do so... snail mail and prop mailings are not free and will get more attention. If a note is included, I guarantee the first 2 WILL get read. The rest is a nagging reminder, whether trashed or not. This tactic has been used pretty effectively... it might not actually change the course, but it can't be ignored. An email attachment with a bunch of names? Trashed and forgotten.

A couple years ago, over 10,000 bricks were sent to congressmen to remind them to secure our borders. The effort got a lot more attention than any online petition. Perhaps a larger object than a penny?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/31/washington/31immig.html?pagewanted=print

Maybe we send 10,000 used spark plugs to the nice folks at Chrysler?

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I don't own a Dodge Viper, I do own a 1 year old Black Mamba...Unleash this on Cerberus!

In all seriousness, If they end up closing Tator's Dodge, they will be closing one of the most reputable dealers for their company, killing a ton of business, but at the same time, they will close a historical land site.

While I have never been to Tator's Dodge or spoken to the man himself, he is one of the best men in business. That dealer knows how to take care of customers, give them what they want (not tell them what they NEED unless its a Viper protection tidbit of advice) and above it all, they know how to work on a car. I hope Chuck comes out on top of all this B.S.

-Steve

D

DAMN YANKEE

Its so simple dear Viper friends...take the pledge...

I will, watch....

If Cerberus/Chrysler closes Tator's Dodge, I will never buy another Chrysler product.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is loyalty to my local Dodge Dealer and one of the best resources a Viper owner can have.

Tator's Dodge, loyal since 1914.
Cerberus, how many heads does a dog need before it can stop being an idiot? Answer appears to be more than three....

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this makes me angry!

The time Tator has given me on the phone both before I purchased my Viper (not from him) and after is just amazing. Never once has he tried to rush me off the phone, quite the opposite, he always makes sure I understand thing 100% ! Just an amazing guy!!!

Like the rest here im in for what ever needs doing!

Or maybe this is a good chance to try and make him move to the UK
:D......................

Jonathan

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I can't understand how Cerberus or Chrysler can afford to close any dealership if they are profitable regardless of sales volume. If the people in the South Salem NY area prefer foreign vehicles like Chuck has stated then it is up to Chrysler to win those customers back with the right products and better advertizing. Personally, I don't recall seeing any commercials even mention the Viper from 2003 on in my area anyway.

I am glad Tator is close enough to me that if I need serious service on my Viper it will be sent to him and not the locals. I usually don't buy new but Tator will be the first if I choose to splurge.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A BIG Thank You from the bottom of my heart to everyone of you giving your support to save Tator's Dodge!:usa:

CF is trying to drag it out as long as possible so I will either run out of money or go away! So what I did today is to e-mail CF the Wards article, the threads from here and the petition and titled it "thought you all would like to read this". :D It really does not make ANY sense to me as to what they are doing? Hope this will be over soon because I want to get back to working on Vipers & spending more time on helping you all where I can.:2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A BIG Thank You from the bottom of my heart to everyone of you giving your support to save Tator's Dodge!:usa:

CF is trying to drag it out as long as possible so I will either run out of money or go away! So what I did today is to e-mail CF the Wards article, the threads from here and the petition and titled it "thought you all would like to read this". :D It really does not make ANY sense to me as to what they are doing? Hope this will be over soon because I want to get back to working on Vipers & spending more time on helping you all where I can.:2tu:

I just hope the bean counting types even know what a Viper (and the VCA) is. :rolleyes:

Hang in there oh-magical-one! :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still think New York should show some big support as your property must be considered a "Heritage site" and should be properly 'honored' for that. Afterwards, see how much Chrysler is willing to pay towards upkeep for what to them should be considered Corporate History.

Corporations pay millions to have their names on buildings, Coliseums, etc. Having Dodge on a Historic Site/Tourist Attraction should easily be worth a million to their advertising.

Ted

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck--Glad to hear that this is not deterring you in any way from going about your life. That was a good idea to send everything you CAN to CF. Have any executives ever COME to your place? To even see where you are located, in its grand majesty (it IS beautiful where you are!)...to have a Dodge dealer such as yourself who is REVERED thru the country AND overseas??? HOPEfully they will note all that...who else is asked to go overseas to work on THEIR Vipers??? ANYthing you think we can help you with, please let us (me) know...MORE than willing here. ALL our BEST~~~mike & juli

Bigviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with people like this:dunno: ,they have probabley the most knowledgable person on the planet doing there company only good and yet they want to stop all that.
we on the otherside of the pond and in europe would be totaly stuffed without Tators Dodge.
To give these people some idea ,i'm still waiting for some stuff from my local dealer (10 miles away) and its now been 3 years and 3 months.NOTHING
on the other hand you phone chuck and within days its at my door (3000 miles)
i rest my case
chuck you have our full suport your the beat:2tu:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have my support Chuck!

I still remembering my wife saying at VOI " Why is that guy in a Wizard Costume" I had to explain to her " Thats Chuck The Viper Wizaed!"

Petition Signed!
Andy

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck--Glad to hear that this is not deterring you in any way from going about your life. That was a good idea to send everything you CAN to CF. Have any executives ever COME to your place? To even see where you are located, in its grand majesty (it IS beautiful where you are!)...to have a Dodge dealer such as yourself who is REVERED thru the country AND overseas??? HOPEfully they will note all that...who else is asked to go overseas to work on THEIR Vipers??? ANYthing you think we can help you with, please let us (me) know...MORE than willing here. ALL our BEST~~~mike & juli

Like they have anything else but money in their eyes should they EVER decide to take a visit :smirk:.. Chuck I'm serious, I can only send a limited amount of money but if you ever run out of funds be sure to let us know! I am sure I can spare about $100-$200. Heck my granddad worked at a Dutch Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge factory right here in The Netherlands so yes you could say it's in my blood!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, Chuck's operation should be seen as unique for Chrysler in light of its history and Viper service role, and not hassled when it isn't costing them anything.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Being the original proponent of having a petition, I have to add that if this has got to lawyers, no petition is going to do you any good. I did sign it (#323).

As you know, I have always supported you and I don't mean to piss you off, but get OFF the phone and SELL some cars. :) Even you have to admit that 7 cars is way too little.

Bill (Pemberton),

How about sharing some one-on-one advice with Chuck here? He's not competing in your geographical market so that should not be a problem.

Last edited:

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck you have my support as well! I remember almost 3.5 years go I brought my viper to you when I first bought it to have it all checked out and have everything changed, went to the bbq's met a lot of cool people, and got a lot of good free advice from you (how to reset the car ....by scratching the negative wire on the battery pan, because my car wouldn't start for days....who would have know that???? hahah your the man! Im poor but ill help anything I can for you!!!!
Martin

SnakeInTheGulf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck not only helped me once but twice when the local Dodge dealer would not!
Anything, anytime, "THE VIPER WIZARD"...MR. CHUCK TATOR

Its so simple dear Viper friends...take the pledge...

I will, watch....

If Cerberus/Chrysler closes Tator's Dodge, I will never buy another Chrysler product.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is loyalty to my local Dodge Dealer and one of the best resources a Viper owner can have.

Tator's Dodge, loyal since 1914.
Cerberus, how many heads does a dog need before it can stop being an idiot? Answer appears to be more than three....

To Chrysler
As the sole owner of the largest Limousine service in my home city! I/We will never buy another Chrysler product if they close Tator's Dodge!!!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
National Officers of the VCA it's time for you to take the lead in this. And save Tator's. In all these threads the member's have spoken with overwelming support and praise for Chuck Tator, myself included. Chuck has supported the VCA and it's member's with discounts, tremendous custom service, and advice on problems with our car's, and the VCA needs to support him. Lead and we shall follow.:usa:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You all very much for your support!:cool:

Have you been reading the news about Chrysler LLC? I think we are ALL in trouble! They just put another one of their vendors into chapter 11!:omg: The next few Months are going to be VERY interesting!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
National Officers of the VCA it's time for you to take the lead in this. And save Tator's. In all these threads the member's have spoken with overwelming support and praise for Chuck Tator, myself included. Chuck has supported the VCA and it's member's with discounts, tremendous custom service, and advice on problems with our car's, and the VCA needs to support him. Lead and we shall follow.:usa:

This statment quoted due to it's importance. VCA officers, step up and do what you guys and gals do best. Fight for one of our most important resource :2tu::2tu::2tu:

aliga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
petition signed.

wish you all the best in this fight, you will come out on top!!

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if it will do any good but I submitted this to NPR's All Things Considered as a suggested piece. It would be nice to see more news outlets pick this up.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

National Officer's still waiting for your reply to this. I would, and I'm sure other's would like to know your stand on this?