Classifieds scam alert: Adam Torenden is not a real buyer

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carguy-- LMAO that was the best 20min I ever spent reading e-mails . The $80 they received is priceless :)))))

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the fact that you are jerking this guy around. Keep it going as long as you can. Keep giving excuses and keep pulling his chain. Maybe he will be run over by a bus on one of his trips to get his "money".

Ron

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry couldn't update this earlier but I've been having fun on the side...He sent me his fake check via usps with a valid tracking number, the check shipped from Brooklyn, NY.

here's the recent stuff....

Hello,

It's my pleasure doing business with you, I want to notify you with good news concern the payment issued out for you, the payment is around you now via USPS courier service track and here is the USPS tracking number(420937069101969010386680001215). You need to go USPS.com to track the status of the payment and kindly update me when you receive, because i was informed by them that the payment will deliver to you today, so when you receive the payment, what you need to do right now. Go and wire the money right now without no further delay by deduct your item money, plus extra $30 for your time, and get the remaining fund transfer to the name and address i will provide for you below via western union money transfer:

Name......Jack Kenna Sr
Address.....11671 Oakridge Rd.
Conneaut Lake, PA,16316
USA

Immediately you transfer the money to the name and address, kindly get back to me with all the western union detail such as:

Sender name and Address
Receiver name and Address
Money Transfer Control Number( Mtcn # 10digits number)
Amount send after western union charges fees
Schedule time you want the shipping company to come for the pickup

All these information will needed from you and also i will very grateful if you concern the transaction complete immediately you receive the payment today. Meanwhile, i have a notice for you concern the regard the transaction by not contact any shipping company expect this email address of the new shipping company([email protected]), because any strange email can be sending you message, ignore them and also Mrs Paul J. Jennings was the formal shipping company accountant that need to pickup the item at your destination, so right now they have calamity and i think they can be contacting you for the pickup, please ignore them immediately and don't contact them. I will be waiting for your reply toward my email and good news with all the western union detail.

Best Regard

Last edited:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent him an email saying...

Please leave me your name and address for western union transfer...

Thanks

And his response...

Thank for your mail, that is the name and address you are going to wire the excess fund to via western union, as soon as you deduct your item money, plus $30 for your effort toward the transaction and get the remaining balance transfer via western union money transfer to the name and address below:

Name......Jack Kenna Sr
Conneaut Lake, PA,16316
USA

Immediately you transfer the money to the name and address, kindly get back to me with all the western union detail such as:

Sender name and Address
Receiver name and Address
Money Transfer Control Number( Mtcn # 10digits number)
Amount send after western union charges fees
Schedule time you want the shipping company to come for the pickup

Kindly regard the transaction by make the title to "Jack Kenna Sr" and email me schedule time you want the shipping company to come for the pickup....I hope to read from you soon.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the funniest part. I got an email from the CEO of his shipping company confirming I've a package enroute...

Hello Seller,

We received information from Mr Nas Taylor concerned the dress should be pickup at your place and we are the new shipper that will be coming to pickup the item at your destination and here is your order toward to pickup the item at your location address .

I believe Mr Nas Taylor have gave you our procedure concerned how we are dealing the transaction by get back to us with the remaining fund you want to transfer to us via western union money transfer to the name and address below

Name......Jack Kenna Sr
Conneaut Lake, PA,16316
USA

You need to transfer the money via western union money transfer to our accountant with the receipt confirmation by email us all the western union detail such as:

Sender name and address
Receiver name and address
Money Transfer Control Number ( Mtcn # 10 digits number)
Amount send to us
Scan the western union receipt for us
Schedule time you want us to come for the pickup.

All these information will be needed from you so that we can able to come and pickup the item at your destination and you need to follow instruction of Mr Nas Taylor and if you try to wire money to another accountant information, you are going to bear the loss. we are going to be grateful if you comply with us and regard the transaction by put "Jack Kenna Sr" as a title concern the transaction.

We hope to read from you soon

C.E.O

Shipping Express Courier

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did some research on the address and it is a valid address...

Anyone in the PA area wanna jump in?

I traced the address to a phone number which belongs to...

Grace K Krupakenna
814-382-1626

I called her and it was in fact her but no jack lives there. I pretended as if I was calling from UPS and asked her if a package came in for Jack and she said she doesn't know any Jack...I m assuming they are only concerned with the western union money and not the part itself...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's convoluted. I guess people must fall for it. My replie would be, "Send me the money for the item and deal with your shipper yourself." Of course, I would never hear from him again after that.

Assuming they are not routing thru a proxy server, which they would be very stupid not to do. Even the lowliest spammers are fluent in using proxies. So they could be based in US and just routing through a Nigerian proxy.

You are correct, however I don't think the Nigerians are smart enough to use proxies. Since the western union stuff is going to happen in PA and I m sure someone will come and pick up the money I wonder if I can get authorities involved to get this guy when he goes to pick up money. I would need help from a PA member though...

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're right. I bet the FBI would be interested in this.
I believe you are looking at Mail Inspector and Secret Service jurisdiction here (but I am not an expert and the FBI field office could steer one in the correct direction) In any event, the real players are in Africa and unreachable. Nothing gonna happen.