cleaning engine compartment

danviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also about to wash my Viper for the first time (can't believe I am excited about this but am) and was wondering about the engine compartment. If you wash the engine BEFORE the rest of the car, won't you have all that soap, ect run into this compartment once you foam down the car/wash it (ie through the very large and beautiful vents in the hood? Should I care??

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I always go over the engine compartment very carefully after I wash the exterior. I get some water into the engine compartment whenever I wash the exterior. Have a great time with your car--I like looking at them,owning them, driving them and caring for them--ENJOY!!--Dave

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wash the engine BEFORE the rest of the car, won't you have all that soap, ect run into this compartment once you foam down the car/wash it (ie through the very large and beautiful vents in the hood? Should I care??
It wasn't a big problem. Of course you open the hood and wipe down the edges and the small amount of water that gets in. In the Adams vids I've been watching, the step of dressing the engine comes after washing the car. Makes sense. :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger