Cleaning oily valve covers

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of used Gen 3 Valve Covers. I plan to strip these and have them color matched later this winter.

Right now I just want to remove all the oil so I can store these. What would you recommend I use to clean them? Just soap and water?

My main concern is to not damage the seal on the inside. Thanks!

VenomGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is like me. I have decided to only wash my 00 GTS by hand, and I mean quite literally by hand. No sponges, no towels. With a black car it seems the only safest way, but you gotta be carefully, I'm finding it could be a good way to f&$k up your fingers! ;)

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is like me. I have decided to only wash my 00 GTS by hand, and I mean quite literally by hand. No sponges, no towels. With a black car it seems the only safest way, but you gotta be carefully, I'm finding it could be a good way to f&$k up your fingers! ;)

You need to start your own thread so that we can show you the error of your ways and direct you to the proper way to wash your Viper.

To the OP, let me know if Simple Green doesn't get the job done.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You need to start your own thread so that we can show you the error of your ways and direct you to the proper way to wash your Viper.

To the OP, let me know if Simple Green doesn't get the job done.

I was thinking the same thing A.J. but to each their own. I thought I was doing o.k. with my car but it's got so many fine scratches in it I am just dying to do my paint correction in the fall but I'm not wishing summer away either. I just have to decided on what system to use. :)

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing A.J. but to each their own. I thought I was doing o.k. with my car but it's got so many fine scratches in it I am just dying to do my paint correction in the fall but I'm not wishing summer away either. I just have to decided on what system to use. :)

Well if you spend any time in the detailing section, you will see what I can do with what I use AND how I go about the art of detailing. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth