Cleaning the Hood Pad

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What products have you all used to clean the hood pad on your Viper?

Has anyone used any sort of "dressing" such as Adam's VRT or Lexol Vinylex or similar on the hood pad? Thank you.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit mine first with some foaming engine cleaner (some cheap brand from auto zone) and gently used a clean wheel brush to wash. Hosed it off, and then sprayed 303 over the whole pad and let it air dry. It worked well, pad is a deep black color now and has been that way since early last summer.

OP
OP
C

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Did you let the pad dry before applying the 303? Thank you.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not totally, I washed/dryed the rest of the car and then used the 303, so while the hood pad wasn't soaked, it was still wet. I sprayed down the rest of the engine bay as well, 303 is a pretty nice product.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1 on the 303. Excellent product.

Not totally, I washed/dryed the rest of the car and then used the 303, so while the hood pad wasn't soaked, it was still wet. I sprayed down the rest of the engine bay as well, 303 is a pretty nice product.

OP
OP
C

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a sampler headed my way (I looked on your site and didn't find the sampler, so I ordered directly from Adams) and that kit has both products. I'll try the APC and undercarriage spray on some of the hood pad and try the 303 on a different section. I'm curious how they will compare.
Just wash it with a mild detergent, such as Adam's APC, then spray with Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave