Clear door sill guards

GlennSullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

After owning my Viper for just a week, I can see I'm going to need to put door sill guards on the car to keep the beautiful sills from getting scratched.

Does any company make a precut clear kit to fit over the sill plates (3M type material). I did a quick search and only saw stainless kits, I'd prefer clear.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only been active for almost a year, but I have never read or heard of this one before. Please don't take me the wrong way, but I think most Viper owners would rate this right up there with attaching a chrome vinyl rub strip from front to back on the side of the body. You see, it's kind of like not curbing your wheels. You park away from the curb so you don't. Same thing with the doors. You don't just "throw them open", You take some care. Sorry if i'm misunderstanding your situation. Please clarify. In the final analysis, it's you Viper, you can staplegun fox tails on it if you want.:omg:

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did mine last night, since the area is pretty flat its not hard to apply. I can get you the material but you would have to cut to shape. I can also cut the piece out if you give me the demensions you want. Just PM me. I did the complete side sill all the way into the car.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with clear bra that high up on the sill is that heat makes the film subtle and causes it to absorb any kind of shoe polish brushed up against it. It's very difficult to subsequently remove. I had clear bra in that area and removed after too many discolored shoe marks. I agree with oklongranger that the best practice is to carefully swing your feet out of the sills path or go with some of the cover plates sold on this forum.

OP
OP
G

GlennSullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem with clear bra that high up on the sill is that heat makes the film subtle and causes it to absorb any kind of shoe polish brushed up against it. It's very difficult to subsequently remove. I had clear bra in that area and removed after too many discolored shoe marks. I agree with oklongranger that the best practice is to carefully swing your feet out of the sills path or go with some of the cover plates sold on this forum.

Thanks for the info guys, my concern was more for passengers who may make a mistake and damage the sill.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too was concerned about that as the sills are painted plastic...my concern with the clear 3M stuff was heat...so I got the MGW sill plate things back when the car was new. They look great, protect the most vulnerable areas too.

Viper Sillplates

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Clearmask on my sills and do ocasionaly get scuff marks on there from people dragging their shoes. Its an easy fix though. Take some rubbing alchohol and dab it on there. It will lift it out of the film and remove it completely. Just dont rub on it to hard so you dont scuff the clearcoat.

[email protected]

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper store north of clearwater Fl sells acc. for the viper. I took mine up to them and they sent me to this guy who makes molds for them. He is real close by and I took mine over there and he took alot of measurments (the first 08 he got) and I saw the clear molds this guy put on a viper. He sells alot of them but I can't recall his name or number. I am going to get in touch with The Viper Store Accessories and parts for your Viper and ask the guys name, you can try too. They looked good and it was on a viper with many miles on them so they last. I let you know when I find his name.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too was concerned about that as the sills are painted plastic...my concern with the clear 3M stuff was heat...so I got the MGW sill plate things back when the car was new. They look great, protect the most vulnerable areas too.

Viper Sillplates

I looked at these. It is too bad that they are not bigger and cover a larger area.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper store north of clearwater Fl sells acc. for the viper. I took mine up to them and they sent me to this guy who makes molds for them. He is real close by and I took mine over there and he took alot of measurments (the first 08 he got) and I saw the clear molds this guy put on a viper. He sells alot of them but I can't recall his name or number. I am going to get in touch with The Viper Store Accessories and parts for your Viper and ask the guys name, you can try too. They looked good and it was on a viper with many miles on them so they last. I let you know when I find his name.

That would be great to know who this guy is. Thanks.:)