Clearance and approach angle of TA 2.0

zhangwz10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Nice to meet you here. I found a picture on the internet of the TA 2.0. I'm just wondering what's the approach angel and clearance of this car. Will it be very difficult drive it down to the underground parking lot?

BTW. From the information I got. All I know is that TA 2.0 may have the same approach angle and clearance as the TA in 2014. So could anyone who owns a 2014 TA also give me some advice?

Thanks a lot!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '14 TA and recently discovered they are lower than the other models. That helps explain why I seem to scuff the splitters with not much of an incline or rise. You do have to be very conscious of driveways, entering and exiting slowly and on an angle. I cannot imagine taking it in and out of some underground lots where you're forced to go fairly straight, and there's typically quite a change in angle at the end of the ramp. The TA 2.0 will be worse if the extended portion replaces the wear strip on the underside of the splitter. That will make it scuff more where there's a change in angle like your ramp situation.

My biggest concern has actually been road construction where pavement has been saw cut, removed and not yet replaced. There can be a drop/rise of 3" or more with no temporary ramp to ease the transition, and if your splitter were to catch it you'd have to build yourself a ramp to get out of it. A couple of times I've had to just crawl, expecting it to catch.

My TA springs would have settled well after 12k miles and I have only 3.5" clearance to the splitter. Not much for a car with a fairly long overhang. If you plan to track the car it may also cause scraping if they don't stiffen the spring rates. I've thought about these issues carefully as I consider the purchase of a 2.0.

Bruce

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in your typical suburban subdivision. Our neighborhood has a pretty steep curb and I had no problem getting in and out of my driveway with my Gen 4. It was immediatlely apparent that I would not be as fortunate with my TA. When the TA was delivered we carefully approached my drive and there was no way it was going to clear, so we loaded it back up in the trailer and backed the trailer into my driveway and unloaded it again. I had to have the end of my driveway repoured with a flush curb so I could get the TA in and out. It sat in my garage for 3+ months until it was warm enough to pour the new cement. When entering at an angle, I still only clear the splitters by about an inch, even with the new flush curb. See the picture below. Hope this helps.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Vipers sit a little low and those with front splitters need extra due caution on speed bumps, driveways, and road debris. Most owners go at a slow sharp angle while approaching high areas and NOT straight on. Those that are not careful have scrapes under the facia to show what happens.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Vipers should have 2 X 12 boards in the back of the car, these boards help the approaches and especially trailer loading and driveways....my $.02

OP
OP
Z

zhangwz10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah, so you get this boards your self?:D...I found a public parking building near my apartment, I think the slope there will be fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth