Color Match Front Grill for Gen V

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't stop coming back into this thread every hour just to make sure I didn't miss a new color combination. I'm addicted!! You rock, ArnarFB!

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hah thanks avilab :)

Dear god man, I want one in snakeskin!

You must be registered for see images

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this bad boy?

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh oh... a black mamba

"Wait what... Black mamba?"

You must be registered for see images attach

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AnarFB.

Personally wanted to take a moment to thank you, as have so many others, for sharing your designs and talents with us.

It will not be too long till these cars actually hit the streets, and I predict your paint schemes will end up on the street for some pretty proud owners.

I noticed that you do not have a viper. If you ever get to San Diego, please look me up, and I would be most proud to give you a drive around so you can appreciate even more how much our Vipers mean to us. This in a small way would say thank you for all your hard work.

If you would post where you live, I am sure you would be offered rides, and the opportunity to attend various Viper events with members where you could see in the flesh, some of the custom Vipers in their native habitats of the streets.

Thanks again for sharing your inspirations with the Viper Nation.

I am also pretty sure that Viper Magazine would be interested in doing an article about your design ideas for a future magazine article.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just looked at this thread ! I think that I've had a little "accident !"

Fantastic job , ArnarFB !!

This just shows how the subjective styling of the car can be completely affected by the paint job and personalize the car to the degree that many who were naysayers to the design are becoming believers.

Number one option SRT might think of doing is providing the car unpainted like the ACR-X; or, at least offer it with fully customizable paint at some level.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AnarFB.

Personally wanted to take a moment to thank you, as have so many others, for sharing your designs and talents with us.

It will not be too long till these cars actually hit the streets, and I predict your paint schemes will end up on the street for some pretty proud owners.

I noticed that you do not have a viper. If you ever get to San Diego, please look me up, and I would be most proud to give you a drive around so you can appreciate even more how much our Vipers mean to us. This in a small way would say thank you for all your hard work.

If you would post where you live, I am sure you would be offered rides, and the opportunity to attend various Viper events with members where you could see in the flesh, some of the custom Vipers in their native habitats of the streets.

Thanks again for sharing your inspirations with the Viper Nation.

I am also pretty sure that Viper Magazine would be interested in doing an article about your design ideas for a future magazine article.

Oh thank you :) Glad to see you guys are liking some of those. I know I enjoy making them!

I've only sat in a 1993 or 1994 RT/10, never in a gen III or IV. So if I'm ever in San Diego, I'll give you a call! ;)

Oh where I live... here's the shocker...

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just looked at this thread ! I think that I've had a little "accident !"

Fantastic job , ArnarFB !!

This just shows how the subjective styling of the car can be completely affected by the paint job and personalize the car to the degree that many who were naysayers to the design are becoming believers.

Number one option SRT might think of doing is providing the car unpainted like the ACR-X; or, at least offer it with fully customizable paint at some level.

I really think SRT should offer a "blank canvas" version so people willing to do their own paint jobs can do what they want.

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did SRT10 and RT/10 versions, however keeping the ducktail spoiler on both. Always wanted to see the vert with the ducktail. So here goes...

SRT10 Roadster inspired..

RT/10 inspired

Again, black windshield surroundings

This is EXACTLY what I had envisioned when I thought of the new SRT Viper as a roadster. Return of the RT/10 name with a three-piece hardtop?

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are ever in Seattle look me up, I have a 2003 Viper that I would be glad to let you drive!

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ArnarFB, i loved the new design when I first saw it, but your work has definitely sold me. SRT should be sending you a viper for all the believers you have made with your work. The painted V-spoke on the ACR version is dead **** as well.

DEAR SRT, WE WANT THE FOG LIGHTS BACK! GIVE US BACK OUR FOG LIGHTS!

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My jaw literally dropped when I locked eyes on this beast. It took me along time to get my Gen II and it's gonna take me just as long (if not longer) to get a Gen V, that hopefully is almost identical to this. I truly hope SRT is taking a few notes.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black grill dosen't look so bad in a ACR version but it looks horrible on anything painted a single color!

--RS

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black grill dosen't look so bad in a ACR version but it looks horrible on anything painted a single color!--RS

I'm thinking that the effect of the grill is mostly apparent in person, like black wheels generally never have the same effect in photos as they do in person. Lots of people think their black wheels look great and post up photos of their car, and my reaction is, "what wheels?" I can hardly see them.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the effect of the grill is mostly apparent in person, like black wheels generally never have the same effect in photos as they do in person. Lots of people think their black wheels look great and post up photos of their car, and my reaction is, "what wheels?" I can hardly see them.

I agree, looks like a car lost the hub caps... with the red "V" it looks decent actually.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are ever in Seattle look me up, I have a 2003 Viper that I would be glad to let you drive!

Oh I got to get to Seattle then :D Thanks!

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ArnarFB, i loved the new design when I first saw it, but your work has definitely sold me. SRT should be sending you a viper for all the believers you have made with your work. The painted V-spoke on the ACR version is dead **** as well.

DEAR SRT, WE WANT THE FOG LIGHTS BACK! GIVE US BACK OUR FOG LIGHTS!

If any member of the SRT team is reading this, I'd like mine in blue with white stripes ;)

Oh and yeah, the Gen V ACR version looks dead **** and I kinda like that red V-spoke. Makes the wheels stand out a bit.

rvansnick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job ArnarFB. I think Ralph and the crew at Connor Avenue should offer him a high paying job. This work is amazing and thanks for sharing with us. Rick

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ArnarFB, You are incredibly gifted, the Viper Nation is grateful for your open and willing creative display here.

After viewing this thread end to end, realizing where it started; coloring the grille, I wanted to share what making the grille a body color does for me. Looking at your first body colored grille rendering, the car took on an evil look. Not saying that is bad, but perhaps the designers recognized this and went black to minimize or reduce the dominance and busy ness it brings to the front end. IE: A "look at me" mouth takes the eye from the smooth purposeful lines of the front fascia.

We wont expect a consensus on this. For my taste, the best grille opening would be where the insert or "surround" was body color, the horizontal bars were black, and the "V" in the grille center was body color. This combined with your "V" in the wheels would make a subtle yet powerful statement. Again Thank you from all of us. Bob Woodhouse

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ArbarFB,

I think Ralph should give you a job picking the colors for all of Chryslers cars. Most of your renditions look utterly fantastic. Completely sold me on the Gen 5. The red on the show car didn't. I love the painted grill work and oh man the ACR version is killer. Beautiful work.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ArnarFB, You are incredibly gifted, the Viper Nation is grateful for your open and willing creative display here.

After viewing this thread end to end, realizing where it started; coloring the grille, I wanted to share what making the grille a body color does for me. Looking at your first body colored grille rendering, the car took on an evil look. Not saying that is bad, but perhaps the designers recognized this and went black to minimize or reduce the dominance and busy ness it brings to the front end. IE: A "look at me" mouth takes the eye from the smooth purposeful lines of the front fascia.

We wont expect a consensus on this. For my taste, the best grille opening would be where the insert or "surround" was body color, the horizontal bars were black, and the "V" in the grille center was body color. This combined with your "V" in the wheels would make a subtle yet powerful statement. Again Thank you from all of us. Bob Woodhouse

Thanks for the compliment :)

Are you talking about something like this?

It actually looks rather good.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and I'd love working on future Vipers in any shape or form :D ;)

One can dream, right?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an idea. Notice how the spokes on the new wheels form a V. How about, on the ACR the outside of one arm was color coded to form a distinctive V on the wheel? I've seen similar thing done to one arm on regular spoked wheels, like a part of one painted in red.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the GREAT work ArnarFB, !
My personal request would be to retouch this ACR with the red V on all spokes and to color match the horizontal grille bar on both ends and also where the driver's stripe. continues.
Also make the exhaust tip black ? and remove the GTS logo on the side and replace it by the ACR logo instead
That would be my ACR

Last edited:

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the GREAT work ArnarFB, !
My personal request would be to retouch this ACR with the red V on all spokes and to color match the horizontal grille bar on both ends and also where the driver's stripe. continues.
Also make the exhaust tip black ? and remove the GTS logo on the side and replace it by the ACR logo instead
That would be my ACR

Am I understanding the bold part correctly? Also made all the spokes red and put on the ACR logo. Also, made the center piece in the seats black.

Last edited:

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think about a more Gen II GTS-like tail lights?