Coming Soon...

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks sweet Jeff! Very nice work. If I had an RT/10, I'd definitely want one!

Christian

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK... so you're prototype there is on a Gen 2 RT.... what about the Gen 1? How do the Vipermania windows work with this new top... and the sport pad..etc....

I really like the top, in fact if the window situation works and looks as good as this new top... I'll be at the front of the line for the new top!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Malcoll,

The development of the top is being done on the Gen 2 car because it has more specs to conform to such as weather stripping and higher door pillars. Once developed on a Gen 2, the transfer to gen 1 is fairly easy. If it were developed the other way around, the conversion from Gen 1 to 2 would be more difficult.

Once the gen 2 is finished, the gen 1 only requires that the sport bar pad travel down a bit more at the curve of the Sport bar body panel and the windows that will be installed replicate the exact shape of a Gen 2 window (most people will opt for tinted, which always looks better). This allows the Top Panels themselves to be interchangable for all RT/10 model years. The only difference will be related to the custom sport bar pad.

Even Though I bought the 01 to develope this product, I assure you I have a 94 that is dear to me and I'll make sure the gen 1 cars look and operate the best they can. The ultimate goal is to make the top so good that I replace almost every soft top out there. You can't get anything more difficult to deal with than that thing. Not to mention butt ugly.

I guess I'm trying to ease your mind by stating that the gen 1 cars will look great as well. Biff at Vmania is working on the new window right now to replicate the shape of the gen 2 window and sit inside the door tower. I have really liked his work to this point so I have confidence he'll do a good job. I hope this helps.

Jeff

myviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, that looks great! Couple of questions....what will the underside of the top look like? How much will each panel weigh? Will it weigh less than the Mopar hardtop? What is it made of, fiberglass, aluminum, carbon fibre, etc?
What will the new top portion of the sport bar look like for Gen II cars?
Thanks!
Mark
2000 RT red/cognac

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the looks of that top Jeff! I may have to buy one as well, though I absolutely LOVE my Autoform top. One question for you though, and Biff as well.....One thing I do not like about the Autoform top are the windows. Just a little opening at the front to open the doors with or talk through. How about making the windows with a larger opening? I have talked to Autoform numerous times about this and nothing is in the works. I drive to Illinois quite often and it ***** going through the tolls! If you guys designed windows like this I would definately buy the top and windows. :D

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

The website will be showing a picture of the underside of the top on Friday or Saturday (that whole underside was ALOT of work). Based on the last trunktop, each panel weighed 9 lbs and the new top should be about the same. I'm not sure how much a Mopar top weighs, but I have one here I can weigh (for sale, by the way, I'll have no use for it). The top is made of fiberglass and the sport bar cover will be one of the last items to be built. Expect to see a picture of that in the first week of Feb. Basically, it will look very much like the factory sport bar.

IEATVETS,

Love your stripes. I wrestle with the idea of putting them on my 94 all the time. I look at your avatar and it makes me want to. Anyway, I understand your pain with the windows. Even adjusting the mirror driving down the road, stopping at the bank window (yea, I run errends as an excuse to keep driving the car), etc. Let me put some thought into that. It may happen.

Jeff

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Jeff - Any Updates? Especially interested in the window modification for us Gen 1 guys, how it works, what it looks like, exchange/upgrade for current Vmania owners, cost, etc..

Is the March 1 discount deadline still applicable?

C'Mon Spring!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket62,

Sorry it has been over a week since the last update. Mostly boring but essential stuff going on with the project right now. Almost every production mold is complete and the ETA on the first completed production top will be Monday (updated website and post at that time). Custom latches and brackets are being finalized and checked for fit/durability.
It is possible we may have our own version of window rather than Vmania. We are building some rougn mock ups to see if our new idea is worth pursuing. If the "Alpha" prototypes look promising, we may have the next best thing to roll down. The vmania is a great window and I do not want to offer anything of lesser quality. If things don't work out with the new window, expect to see Vmainia windows modified to fit this top.

Jan 31 was the deadline for $2195 with $150 off price. The Feb price is $2195 and the price will increase to $2495 on Mar 1 with no planned increase after that.

Jeff

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Jeff - you tease! Look forward to seeing the "Alpha" prototype windows. If they look as good as your new top add one more <font color="red"> RED </font> Trunktop to your order list. Feel free to email any pics if you want some impressions or feedback.

Also, any additional details regarding the front latches? I have a "Carry-Over" '93 Viper - so the latches are like the 92 Viper and different than the 94-95's.

Would also like your thoughts on head space. I'm 6'2" and based on your initial photos - wonder how much headroom there will be with your top.

Thank You for your hard work!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket,

Ohhh, bummer, you just missed the cut off mark. With this top, anyone over 6'1" we recommend a seat lowering kit (price to pay for good looks). You would be much more comfortable.

Every latch on the top is adjustable to fit all Vipers and inconsistancies from car to car.

I'll keep you updated on those windows.

Jeff

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
Is there any way that the current V Mania windows would fit this new top with an adaptor or something that would clip over the window? I hate to throw away 1K on the windows I have now, love em and they work so well with the ragtop.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds better! Thanks Jeff. I think a lot more owners would be inclined to use the new top if their current V Mania windows would fit or could be modified to fit at a reasonable cost.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
That sounds better! Thanks Jeff. I think a lot more owners would be inclined to use the new top if their current V Mania windows would fit or could be modified to fit at a reasonable cost.

Agreed ........ unless Jeff's teaser comment about his "Alpha" windows being the next best thing to roll down. If that turns out to be the case, I have a set of very nice Vmania windows for sale.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mis-spoke myself on the pictures of completed top being Monday. It is looking more like Thurs or Friday to show the final completed product. Expect to see the yellow gen 2 top in production form with the OPERATING roof scoop (funtional scoop will be an extra cost option with the non-fuction being standard). I'll be showing the sectional sport bar with bottom mechanicals and upper cosmetic cover. Gen 2 orders will start being filled in a VERY SLOW manner (to insure quality) at this point. For those early on the waiting list, you may see your top in a couple of weeks.

For those waiting for non-scoop version, it may take a few more months. Demand is for the scoop. For gen 1 guys (myself included) You should see a red version on a 94 with modified Vmania windows about 10 days after the yellow one. Even though the "next best thing to roll down" windows is starting to look promising, it won't be shown until March if it does make it to production.

Pictures coming soon....

Stay tuned.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINISHED!!

At this point we have a complete functional production top. IT IS AWESOME. Today I spent half the day staring at it. I'm pretty excited about it and I cant wait to get one on my 94.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and support. It was alot of fun.

Check out the production version:

www.trunktop.citymaker.com

Jeff

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff, Jeff!!

Brutal to have to roll it out with all that snow, but actually it makes a great background to show off the new top. Terrific workmanship as usual.

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a Great Looking Roof Jeff!!!... As mentioned earlier Vipermania will be distributing the ONE-PIECE version of Jeff's THREE-PIECE Top. For those of you who want this type of look without the seams you'd better get in line quick!!. We've already started accepting orders from some of our current Vipermania customers and will do our best to fulfill them in a timely manner. We haven't established a firm price yet as we still have a few issues to overcome however I assure you it will be attractive. Naturally this top will ship with our standard "Satisfaction Guarantee" or return for a FULL refund. Please contact us at 703-960-6682 or www.vipermania.com with any questions!!... Thanks Jeff!!! This is one more Quality Product for the Viper Community.....

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff, Jeff!!

Brutal to have to roll it out with all that snow, but actually it makes a great background to show off the new top. Terrific workmanship as usual.

Yea, it was literaly ROLLED not driven. I had problems with alarm system on the car and it would not start. It was not the best photo shoot locations as we could not push it very far on the ice. I'll probably do better pics in the spring.

Jeff

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen1, Gen1, Gen1...got to tell you Jeff, this is how the Viper should be. GTS guys...watch out, us RT/10 guys now get the best of both worlds :)

Jeff, Can't wait to see what it looks like on the red 94...let me know if you need a model car ;)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
WOW! Looks very nice. Will the scoop be standard on the Gen 1 version as well - not quite sure if the scoop would flow as nicely on a Gen 1 as it does on the Gen 2 with the NACA duct.

Need to know more about the window portion to make a final decision.

Are you accepting orders for a Gen 1 version? Is the February price still $2195?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R