comments re my posts in the Haiti thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want your feedback :eater:

Let me start by saying this is the first forum I have participated in. I trolled around for months before posting. My 1st post was bathed in anxiety. The whole issue of forum etiquette and effective communication (forum “conversing”) was new. I like the VCA rules, keeps the forum decent.

I have re-read the posts in order in the Haiti thread.

This is not a shot at PatentLaw,

but I still don’t get his reaction to my posts, (other than the one i threw out expecting (inviting) banter).:dunno:

I know what I was trying to say, did I miss communicate (need more clarification)? Was it too close to being a hi-jackish comment? Do I owe anyone an apology? :eater:

I know early on I did this to kcobean, where I blended responses and he thought I was referencing his post. I apologized and trust he doesn’t hold it against me.

In the grand scheme of things, I know this will pass if it hasn’t already, but I irritate enough people on purpose :nono:, I hate to be responsible for such by accident. :) I also want to communicate effectively here.

If you have an opinion, either way, I invite them....

tia VCA amigos

:drive:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am always up for a discussion on this forum.

I have noted more than once that ideas between people are very different (east coast to those of Texas).

What grinds my gears is when someone says a member has to do something one way or they are immoral. Or that a member may have never helped out a charity or that they contribute less than someone else. Or when someone says a person is intentionally misrepresenting a passage or fact. Or that other individuals in this very club who have had a hardship placed upon them from an event like a hurricane are just "lazy" or not as active in rebuilding than people in the Lone Star state because of some circumstance beyond their control such as a lawsuit started by an insurance company to try to get out of paying on a claim.

Frankly, I feel that is low and not in keeping with club standards. It might be an opinion, but I think that it is insensitive. If I were a member from Alabama, Mississippi or the N.O. area and I heard from others that people in my neck of the woods were lazy after all they went through, I would be voicing my displeasure. Saying that certain club members suffering and even death of loved ones is any less of a moral imperative than what goes on in another country is just low. We are talking about lives here, not abstract crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235