Comp Coupe at VOI

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to bring my Comp Coupe to the VOI but it seems once it is dropped off at the hotel by Reliable, I would have no way of getting it to any place other than the parking lot. I guess it's not a good idea to bring it to this event. I'm told the events are not real close to the hotel so driving it there is not an option.

Is anyone else planning on shipping there CC to Dallas?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I do believe Wayne Skiles has some "insight" into such a situation. :eek:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that all the VRL racers will be bringing their Comp Coupes and perhaps a few CC owners will be attending Viper Days Challenge Series.

You do realize that you bought a race car, right?

I mean, you could do the Viper Days event, and the TMS laps with it, but it's not a car to do the scenic cruise in, or to travel back and forth to the hotel in.....

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OR!

You could do as Marko did this weekend and let Erik Messley drive the car in the VRL race--and probably win. Of course that would not make me happy.

Joe B---> 2nd place to Messley at Willow Springs

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OR!

You could do as Marko did this weekend and let Erik Messley drive the car in the VRL race--and probably win. Of course that would not make me happy.

Joe B---> 2nd place to Messley at Willow Springs

Congrats Joe, you beat that Ferarri ehhh? cooooolll.... :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a minute... They never told me this was a race car.

Well, I did take 2 cars to a VOI one year and it was a real pain. I guess it's gonna have to be the SRT-10.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sir Fang,

Have you car shipped to Bobby Archer's before the event. He has room for 4 cars in his enclosed trailer. He could take your car to the track and then transport it back to his shop. You could then have it shipped back home from there. Problem solved.

Doc

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring it to Thunder Hill or sell it! LOL
Jerry I sure would like to see you at Viper Days in March.
What are the chances of you making it?
There must have been 15 CC's at Willow Springs.
Not all racers, just a bunch of people with cool cars having fun. :cool:

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan - I'm trying to make it to Buttonwillow this month. I will either be there on the test and tune Friday or the Viper Days Saturday for a half day.

I am also going to try to make the Thunderhill Viperdays in March but it is not looking real good right now.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, What can I do to help? Too much work? I have a machine shop, would that help? I can send someone over to pull your trailer! Hell I'll even drive your CC for you and report back how much fun you had! The work will be there when you get back. I'll be at Button Willow instructing if that help's LOL :rolleyes:
We are having a "Brian Angen Memorial" fund raising event on Friday the day before Viper Days at T-hill. I sure hope you can make that. Tax deductible entry fee for the day. A lot of fun to boot!
By the way, the memorial fund has donated over 20K to children's hospital in the past six months. We are going back the day before Button Willow to make another donation.
Just a plug for the Brian Angen Memorial and Viper Days. Viper Days has helped us a lot with fund raising and we are vary thank full for them. :2tu:
Sorry, I couldn't resist!

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,

Do you have lights, turn signals and mufflers?

Many SCCA ProRally cars are not DOT/EPA legal, yet they can legally be used on the road via temporary registration (Rallys require the cars to be driven on the street between special stages). You should be able to use this temporary registration process for your CC. I suggest you contact the SCCA Performance Rally staff (http://www.scca.org/interactive/natstaff.html#perfrally). They should be able to hook you up with someone in Texas who can walk you through the process.

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lights-yes,turn signal-I think they came with the head lights, muffler-race muffler

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your muffler is good enough for Laguna Seca (92db), it's good enough for the street. If it's not good enough for Laguna, it needs to be. Laguna is too much fun.

You didn't pop for the headlights? Next time you gotta check off all the options!

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headlights were not an option. We had to order after and have installed if we wanted them. The wires were there but no lights. I did have them installed. As for the db's - my 2000 doesn't even pass at Laguna Seca. You have to up shift when you drive by the mic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235