Comp Coupe First Timer

Nick Majors

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I have been lurking for awhile, but would like to introduce myself.

Nick Majors from Canada. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my competition coupe - hopfully in the next few weeks. :cool:

Have been racing in Canada for the last six years, mostly touring car, lots of FWD, some BMW. Successfully sold my business in November and ordered my dream car, the Viper.

Plan to spend this year running north of the border, and would appreciate a couple of contacts from teams that have been running CC's for awhile to discuss tire choices and in general what to expect as we set-up and learn about the car. Will be running 45 minute sprints, but hope to do a couple of three hours races. Not sure what to expect from the manuals (binders) but suggestions/comments from experienced teams would be much appreciated.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I took delivery 5 months ago of my coupe...PM and I can tell you all the problems we have had with ours and what to look for...delivery is just the beginning. Brian

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick:

I can tell you are a racer because you listed Mosport and not Toronto as your home...

We race a GTS and a CC in the Viper Racing League, and the single most experienced person when it comes to CC's is John Archer at Archer Racing in Duluth, MN. If I had one coming in, he would be my first call. Many guys have had their CC's sent to him from the factory for initial prep.

Good luck!
Rich

OP
OP
N

Nick Majors

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick:

I can tell you are a racer because you listed Mosport and not Toronto as your home...

Well, technically my home would be "Coppin's Corner" Ontario - Mosport sounds much better and is only about 30 miles by backroad. :crazy:

OP
OP
N

Nick Majors

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the car is coming this week (C-78)

Thank you to all who have responded to this thread and / or sent me PM. Lot's of good advice and helpful information.

What I am looking for right now is info on "Rain Tire" choices, wet setup, etc. - and - any and all setup information on Mosport in particular (wet and dry).

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats :2tu:

My cousin's parents live in Toronto, I have been there in the summer of 2002. Next year my parents and I will be coming to Canada again and hopefully I/we will be able to visit Toronto as well, I would love to see your comp coupe in the metal if there is time :eek:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot. I made an error in my previous post last night and today I can't edit it anymore :eek: That town is supposed to be Edmonton, not Toronto.